Fireworks and Parade: Best Viewing Spots at DL?

During out time there, we will have the chance to see the Christmas parade and Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks show.

Wondering if someone can tell us the best location to view these from?

Thanks! Will be in the air in 24 hrs!

4 Likes

For the parades I like to sit near the #5 on the map. Then if FW are right after we usually move a bit to the center of the street. FW and projections on IASW shouldn’t be missed either if you can catch them both. And both areas it does snow :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

That’s perfect since that is kind of what I had in mind! We will be going back into DL just ahead of parade time and so this works well.

To be clear, for FW you recommend somewhere on Main St in the middle of the pathway, and then a second time if possible at IASW?

3 Likes

Yes :blush: some will miss the first parade due to crowds and watch the projections first. Im just seeing now the map has another #5 by the train station. :flushed::roll_eyes::rofl: I’ve also watched from that #5 on super crowded nights because once the parade is over it is super easy access to split. :blush:

2 Likes

Sometimes you’ll be able to snag a bench to sit and watch so you don’t have to stand or sit on the curb. I don’t mind sitting on the curb as long as no one is hovering over from behind. Super creepy :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hope it’s okay if I hijack this thread. In the past I thought the fireworks were only on weekends. However, now it appears they are every night. Is this just a Christmas thing? I’m planning a Feb trip and want to see fireworks, but also want avoid the weekend crowds if possible.

1 Like

It is a Christmas thing. Usually FW are only weekends. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! I booked Thurs-Mon for fireworks. I was considering adjusting for lower crowds, but I’m secretly relieved I don’t need to. I’m stressing out enough already.

2 Likes

Oh, LOL I was looking at Train Station 5 for parade.

But I can look to hub #5 for fireworks!

3 Likes

Seems to be Christmas related. It was not on the entertainment schedule for our dates until recently.

1 Like

I highly suggest waiting for the 5:30 parade. Our strategy on Sunday is going to be to stake out a place with a good view of IASW and then after the lighting of IASW we are already in place to view the parade. This time of year the parade and fireworks are well spaced out. As for fire works, we usually like to aim for the front of Main Street to get a good view of the castle and Main Street projections.

3 Likes

#5 is exactly where my kids (teenagers) fell asleep on the sidewalk leaning up against the fence while we waited for the parade to start in 2017. :rofl:

It was an excellent vantage point to watch the parade from!

3 Likes

Hoping to catch both versions, but… plans for dinner on two nights might challenge that. We’ll see.

2 Likes

The parade is pretty easy to catch anywhere depending on crowd level. One year, Chessie and I were on the train and realized the parade was starting. We got off at Main Street station, walked down and found a tiny spot right on the curb. It was awesome! We waited less than five minutes and still had an awesome view. I’ve staked out a curb spot (sitting) on the roundabout in town square before too. And we’ve watched up by the castle or in the area Tink pointed out.

Fireworks are a little different. I like to get in the hub in front of Jolly Holiday. There are some tree issues, but you can really see the castle projections as well as Matterhorn. My niece and her hubby prefer to watch from Main Street with an eye to a quick exit with their kids afterwards.

4 Likes

1000000% not a concern this visit :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes