Fireworks and Extended Evening Hours

My wife and I are going to Disney World from May 7 - May 14 and staying at a deluxe hotel. For all intents and purposes, this is our only trip to Disney. We will be at MK on the Wednesday (May 11) for extended evening hours. According to the most current information Magic Kingdom closes at 9pm and Enchantment starts at 9pm, which means that the fireworks show will cut into our extended evening hours.

We would like to see the projections on the castle. This creates a risk/benefit scenario trying to balance 1) seeing the projections on the castle (we care less about main street projections) with 2) not losing extended evening hours fighting, counter-current, through the horde of exiting guests. If anyone has thoughts on potential viewing spots we would appreciate it.

Maybe the bridge to Tomorrowland or that general vicinity would be good? It would offer you some fairly good views of the castle projections, and an easier escape to Tomorrowland to start your extended evening hours touring without too much struggle (like you’d have if you were in the hub or on Main Street)

This plan is exactly what we are going to try and do on our extended evening hour at MK in June - if we decide to actually watch Enchantment that is…

1 Like

Be aware that Disney has been changing park hours only 2 or 3 weeks in advance, so that 9:00 to 11:00 Extended Evening schedule could change. A few days ago mine for March 29 changed to 11:00 pm to 1:00 am.

1 Like

I also recommend the Tomorrowland bridge, stand behind the purple rocks. You will get decent projections of the castle and an easy exit to start your deluxe evening hours.

2 Likes