Final Payment - now to make some plans

Just went and read your report! Looks like so much fun. Your DD and mine sound like they’d be buds. :slight_smile: Rides, rides, rides, all day long!

We’re headed there over spring break. I think it’s the end of the weekend of Orlando’s week off. I’m hoping it’s not too terribly crowded.

New VB question that kept me up last night. Because something that happens in 50+ days is definitely worth losing sleep over! :roll_eyes:
What do you do with your tickets/lanyards/phones? Whatever media you need to get into the park? Does everyone rent a locker? I assume you can leave towels on your chair, but are there places to secure things?

Also, is there any benefit to linking hotels and tickets to your Universal account? My TA said nothing gets linked beforehand, but we could link tickets once we get there. It’s so different from Disney, I’m just struggling to wrap my head around it. It’s worth putting your credit card into that account for charging to Tapu Tapu, right?

1 Like

At VB, you could put everything in a locker. They have 3 different sizes. You could also bring something like this:

The same ticket you use for the other parks.

Yes, and if you’re brave, other personal items. I let my glasses lay with my towel too.

Linking your tickets to the app allows you to scan into an entrance with your phone.

Yes, doing this ahead of time is a big time saver. You’ll need to set a 4 digit PIN. Your other family members should know it. You can even set $ limits if desired. It’s nice to use the Tapu to rent towels, rent locker, buy food & drinks so the wallet can stay put away.

You can also use Universal Pay throughout the resort. You set it up on the app and when you make a purchase anywhere in Universal, you bring up the QR on your phone and they scan it.

It’s still nice to have physical tickets, especially if you go on attractions that don’t allow any loose items, like phones. You can use any bar/QR code to use the lockers though.

1 Like

Thanks! It was a great trip and I wish DD10 had someone else to ride and reride rides with besides me. I can understand why my parents used to love having me take a friend to amusement parks - so they didn’t have to ride!

For VB, I already had my phone linked to my CC. When I got to the lockers, I asked the friendly attendant for help but I ended up already being good to go. Paying for lunches, ice cream etc was super easy with Tapu Tapu and very similar to Magic Band. I highly recommend it.

We left a water bottle, towels, and my very cheap sunglasses and shoes at our seats. Phone etc was in the locker. I don’t see how you get around the locker issue. If you want your phone with you then a portable locker or waterproof holder would be good. We saw lots of people with the waterproof phone holder but I don’t think those are allowed on the rides though. We didn’t bother with having stuff. Everything went into the locker and that was that.

For the rest of the parks, I didn’t get a lanyard though I saw a lot of people with them. I have a hip pack (fanny pack) that I always use at the parks and kept a printed copy of our tickets in there. Eventually you can get a TM to give you a locker ticket too as our printed copies got a bit worn. I could wear that on everyride except RRR, VC, Hulk (though I didn’t ride this) or any other inversion ride. So I would put our backpack into the lockers and keep my waist pack with my phone and our tickets in there. I really didn’t want to buy anything more for the trip.

3 Likes

I’m so glad y’all had fun! I’ve become such a big Universal fan that I love it when ithers find it and enjoy it too!

FYI - You can wear the waterproof pouches on slides at VB. I see people do it often. (I’m going to VB in the morning! Yea!)

1 Like