Ferry from Epcot to HWS

Trying to figure out after a long day of walking at Epcot, if the ferry is a good option around 7:30pm to HWS from Epcot to watch Fantasmic. Trying to fit that in and our main HWS day we are going to the Star Wars dessert party. Hoping I’m not stretching us to thin in our plans…

Be aware the friendship boats are closing for around 6 weeks, starting fairly soon (I can check the date but within the next week or two). The pier at Swan & Dolphin, plus the bridge near by need repairs.

Thee will be buses between the Epcot resorts (BC, YC, BWV and Swan/Dolphin) and DHS whilst the boats are not running.

1 Like

i found the article

We have learned that the Friendship boat service running back and forth from Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Epcot area resorts will be closing for a refurbishment. The work is due to refurbishments that will take place on the Swan and Dolphin Bridge and is expected to begin on May 7th, 2018. The walkway across the bridge will remain open while the work is being completed

Nooo! :weary: I had plans to park at HS, boat to WS for the morning/ midday, then boat back to HS for the evening, thus avoiding a long, hot walk through FW to get to and from my car. I was planning to do this on 5/13. So sad. I might need to rethink my whole day now. :disappointed:

Does anyone know if the ferry from DHS to the Beach Club is running yet? We were planning to use it on our upcoming trip (6/13 to 6/23) for a reservation at Beaches and Cream! I just saw this discussion yesterday.

Not yet. I think they said it would take six weeks.

They have buss running though from the resorts.

Many times I have made that walk and every time I try to pay attention to the boats. Usually walking is quicker, depending on your pace. Definitely in the morning but you know you are walking slower at the end of the day. It can be a hot walk with little shade so the boats are a viable, air conditioned option. At best you may save a few minutes by walking.