February Break Trip Report with the child who doesn’t ride

It’s my youngest child’s turn for the Disney trip with mom. It’s probably been his turn for a while but I’ve steered him in other directions because, well, he’s my chicken child, at least when it comes to rides. He’s plenty brave in other situations like when a soccer ball is hurling towards his face as he stands in goal or wrestling until he passes out but Dumbo? Not going to happen.

Not knowing his sports schedule, I booked the 8 pm flight out of PVD Sunday night. Turns out he was game free on Sunday so we bumped up to an earlier, although not direct flight. Flying is also not one of his favorite things but he survived both flights.

Staying at Pop for two nights and then raiding the family DVC points for two nights at Riviera.

36 Likes

He is complicated!

8 Likes

Hope you both have a great trip! :smiley::+1:t2:

6 Likes

Oh yay!! I’m so glad you’re there and so excited to follow!

I feel his pain with flying–not my favorite thing AT ALL.

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see which hotel M likes better! Glad you were able to get there earlier.

4 Likes

Have fun!!

4 Likes

Rubik’s Cube Building at POP

32 Likes

Have a great trip!

In my extended family, the sportier you are the less you like rides :woman_shrugging: I think it is something.to do with sensative vestibular systems. But that doesn’t explain Dumbo!

9 Likes

Interested to see what you guys end up doing instead of rides! And I sympathize with working around sports schedules too.

6 Likes

That’s a great first picture :heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart:

7 Likes

It’s definitely the opposite in our family.

5 Likes

Dinner at Toledo per his request, mostly because he likes the elevator :joy:

Being silly with the Shirley Temple

36 Likes

Sangiatini for me :yum:

Scallops for me

Hanger steak for the boy

25 Likes

Bus to HS and skyliner back to Pop to save having to get another Uber

Epcot fireworks from the Skyliner

The fancy Toledo desserts didn’t appeal to him so a cupcake it was.

He hit the arcade and that was a wrap for the night.

28 Likes

He’s very complicated! All of my kids are :grimacing:.

14 Likes

I’m glad he pushes through but any little noise or oddity makes him think we’re going to crash. The anxiety is real with this kid :cry:

13 Likes

He will like Riviera the best but I was only willing to use DVC points for two nights. He’s a resort kid for sure. He’s the complete opposite of Ben who would choose POP over any deluxe.

14 Likes

It is a combo of legitimate motion sickness but also a whole list of fears. He’s got an interesting brain :joy:

11 Likes

I hope you have an amazing time. I did first read the title as February Break-Up Trip…and thought maybe you were taking the child to WDW to tell them you refused to take them anymore because they don’t ride.
That was going to be an interesting trip report…but this will be fun too!

16 Likes

Sports are brutal. I can still hear my dad in my head saying “you follow through if you’ve committed” so we try not to skip anything. This is not what everyone around us does though as seen by his indoor soccer team only having five regular team kids at the game on Saturday. I try to be more relaxed like everyone else but that voice in my head just doesn’t go away!

11 Likes