February 2023

Is something happening on Feb 15, 2023? Overall crowds are projected to be a 7 with MK an 8. Today, one year earlier to the day has overall crowds at a 3 and MK at a 2. Why the big difference?

Two things:
That’s the week before Mardi Gras that year. It fluctuates bc of Easter’s changing dates. And its very common for Louisiana folks to vacation the weeks around Mardi Gras.
Second, This far out you can’t really put too much into the crowd calendar. IT will adjust many times in the coming year as they acquire more data.

1 Like

Be aware that these CLs are not definite until about 60 - 45 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days) Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021.

They shouldn’t be used to determine your travel dates. They just are helpful to see “trends” in seasons.

Basically, start making your plans, but know that you’ll “real” plan won’t be ready until about 30 days in advance.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 45 - 30 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 45 - 30 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

1 Like

Because TP likes to copy and paste this far out. Yesterday (Feb 15, 2022) overall CL was 7 and MK was 8. So the prediction for next year makes perfect sense.

Yesterday was one of the biggest overall misses I have ever seen in the history Touring Plans and today will likely be the same. HS was 6 levels higher than expected and MK was 5. :hushed:

Btw, Welcome!

3 Likes