Feature Suggestion: Pin plan steps and optimize the rest

Yeah I’ve never had the meal thing happen either. I’ve had rides scheduled after park close if I’ve got too much planned, but my meals have always been where they belong.

Here you go (i swear I did not alter this). Hopefully it’s viewable(as I did publish it). I created a test and it put BOG at 11:26AM even though I had it set for 9:30AM

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3633715

This is ignored. A LOT.

(EDIT: optimizing again put it at 11:39AM.)

1 Like

Unfortunately published plans do not allow others to see the FPP detail/settings or the settings for breaks, so I can’t determine if there is something wrong there. Assuming that everything is set correctly and you are not getting the expected results, you should report this to the TP staff who are usually pretty quick to get to the bottom of things.

YES!!! That would be a great feature.

I like your workaround. I’d done something like that for our morning in HS, putting a 10 minute stop at 50s Prime Time cafe as a placeholder for Jedi Training signup so that the walking times and map are roughly right, but hadn’t thought of it for keeping other steps fixed.

The Backlot QS would be a better placeholder than Prime Time FYI.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll tweak it.

I can think of so many reasons it would make sense to pin a step! Maybe you want tamer attractions immediately after meals. Maybe you want thrill rides for big kids during baby’s nap time. Maybe Mulan is only greeting visitors 3 times on your Epcot day and you want to make sure you catch one. A pin feature would be awesome.

1 Like

I use this workaround frequently exactly as described and it’s the best thing I’ve found for forcing a step to be locked into the time I want to do it.

I do still think that pinning a step would be nice because then it would save me the trouble of running a plan with a step at a certain time just to get the evaluation of how long it will take to then convert into the break. And it would allow the pinned step itself to remain reactive to updates in wait time predictions which I would have to manually work to find otherwise.

1 Like