Faxes Still Used for Room Requests?

Hello, Lillyfs! Yes, I only used the Touring Plans fax to make our room request (I checked in online, but I didn’t make a room request). We went in mid-January of this year right after MLK Day and stayed at the club level of the Polynesian. We looked at the room views on the Touring Plans website and picked the room we wanted. When I made the fax request, I gave a specific room number but also gave a range of rooms that would be acceptable. We ended up with the exact room we requested!

So do personally fax it or does touring plans do it for you?

Touring Plans does it for you! Here is a blog post that explains how it works.

sorry for jumping in late… Just my experience on a trip from June 23, 2017 to June 30, 2017… My family, and two other families traveling together, each with our own reservation (so 3 rooms/reservations total). Kim was primary of one family, Bonnie was primary for the other family. We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter.

As a Travel Agent/Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I called the 800# and told them we are traveling together. They added a “Traveling with…” note to each reservation. If you are traveling with multiple families or multiple reservation numbers, your TA or Disney’s general 800# for reservations can add the traveling with note if you call them ( you need to have all reservation numbers when you call!)

I made TWO trips on my TouringPlans dash board. One for me, and one for Kim. Both of us completed Disney’s On-Line check-in via My Disney Experience, asking for lower floor, and near transportation. Bonnie was not doing On-Line check in because she was using an ATM card with Visa logo and was afraid for hold or anything to be put on her card. She checked-in after the Magical Express dropped her off.

For both My and Kim’s trips, I used the “click here to make a request…” when looking at Touringplan’s room info/view as outlined How to Send A Hotel Room Request to Disney – Automatically! | TouringPlans.com Blog ) for the room we wanted. I left everything as was already pre-filled. In the Additional Special Request field for both, I put “traveling with reservation number xxx and yyy. Please try to keep us together”

My family flew down earlier. We landed at 11:10am, but we didn’t get the text that our room was ready until 1:52pm. Kim and Bonnie landed around 4:30pm, their room was ready for them when they arrived.

We got the rooms Kim & I requested, with Bonnie right in between us. i.e. we got 3 rooms in a row, next to each other, right where we asked for via our Touringplans request. A success!!

EDIT: looking back at my notes, we requested 4133. We got 4135, 4136 and 4137. So VERY CLOSE… and in the end a better view of the court yard that 4133.

2 Likes

Amazing! Thank you for explaining with such detail! I made online check-in request for my upcomming trip in August and I was doubting to do the Touring Plans room request, but based on your experience I will!