Fax request confirmation?

I set up the fax request for a room request. I received a notification that the fax would be sent and to ensure it’s complete by March 16. Should I assume it’s been sent? I feel like I’ve gotten an email or notification or something indicating that the fax had been received for past trips. It’s now within the 5 days so I’m not sure what to do. I have also called to have CMs make a note about connecting rooms and location is not nearly as important so I guess it’s not essential.

1 Like

Did you look on your dashboard? I always get an alert when it is successfully sent (5 days before I arrive).

1 Like

Yes I get an alert on my dashboard and I think an email but wouldn’t swear to that.

Yes, that’s what I thought. But mine just says “[Reminder: Room Request will be faxed soon for Spring Break 2019]” When I check the fax form, all my info is there and it says it will fax starting 5 days ahead. I had it set up like 2 months before my date. I’ve used it probably 4 or 5 times before but I guess I could have screwed it up.

@len can you check this out please?

Checking on it now.

The fax machine was busy when we tried it yesterday and today. We’re re-trying it every few hours. If it doesn’t get resolved by this afternoon, we’ll call the resort and ask them to look at it.

2 Likes

FWIW, we’ve heard that the room assigner roles will be moving from the individual resorts, to the Team Disney building. I was told last week that this move was still a ways away, so I don’t think this is that. (And we have contingency plans in place for the move.)

6 Likes

Good to know, thanks!

Thanks! I’m glad it wasn’t user error.

Success! Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I am so glad to hear this! It has been worrying me a bit for our trip next month. Please keep us updated when you know more. Thanks Len!

When you say you “set up the fax request for a room request”, does that mean you didn’t physically fax it yourself? I didn’t know that service is possible. I have a fax machine so can we still fax the old fashion way?

Touring Plans has a form to fill in and will fax it for you. It’s on your trip dashboard. If you have a fax number for your resort, yes you could send a fax yourself.

Ok Thanks…there’s always something to discover regarding what TP can offer!

1 Like

This may help too

QUESTION:
I am planning for a group of 6 and currently have 2 rooms reserved at the All Star Music Resort - Standard rooms. How can I add the other room to my plan? Then, can I send a fax request for both rooms that I am planning? Also, how do I upgrade to a premium room?
Thanks much!

Just add the second confirmation number in the free text box in the fax request and explain that you have 2 rooms and you (presumably) want to be close together.

2 Likes