Favorite Souvenirs

Magnets! Brings back Disney memories each time I look at them. I usually get something with the date. I am also a fan of Christmas Tree ornaments.

I bought Granddaughters cereal bowls from Mickey’s china collection and they love them and use them nearly every day.

The Mad Hatter tea is great. Came back with the large tin this year.

1 Like

Not a necklace, but the Alex and Ani bracelets fit the “not-so-in-your-face” requirement. They are on my birthday wishlist.

1 Like

I think we are going to start the fridge magnets this year too. I would love to have one from each ride, event, etc.

1 Like

My orange traffic cone cup from HS. I use it often and my kids think I’ve lost my mind

2 Likes

I want to make this! I think it’s the best use of pennies I have seen

7 Likes

Our dumb fridge is some kind of brushed stainless and magnets don’t stick :frowning:

1 Like

Ooooh. I like that @MagicMN

1 Like

Among other souvenirs, @999HappyHaunts and I buy a mug for each of us every time we go

2 Likes

I am a pins collector so literally 90% of my shopping money goes to pins. Next trip I will try to get every single pressed penny to make a Mickey like @MagicMN’s picture. Maybe I will do a Minnie too!

1 Like

We get a Christmas ornament and fridge magnet every year, sometimes a coffee mug as well.

1 Like

I was just cleaning in DS10’s room - and he has his arrangement / display of animal and items from the Mexico pavilion. Inside there are “carts” and he likes the one with wooden animals painted in bright colors. I just realized he has 17 of them! Some are little turtles or cats, but I know they came from that stand / cart. Nice mom for remembering.

Above his bead he keeps animals and statues he’s collected from AK and AKL. There are a lot of metal animals and wooden carvings. I counted 13 of those.

He has made a chain from his magic bands and wrote the travel dates and resorts on them with a black sharpie. The chain is hanging on a hook above his desk.

All very deliberate and VERY cute.

4 Likes

I’m wearing my embroidered shirt from the Mexico pavilion right now!

1 Like

We also do the Christmas ornament from each trip, but by far the best things we got last trip were Micky and Minnie pillow pets for DD and DS. They refuse to go to bed with any other pillows since then.

1 Like

That is really cool! Might have to do that!

1 Like

Ours, too, though the side does work.

This was a great idea @MagicMN. Pressed pennies is a collectible that is on our list when we go. Here is what we did with our from our last trip.

2 Likes

In addition to pressed pennies, we look for the more unique items. For example, a glass stein with the Walt Disney Theme Park Railroad Logo on it.

1 Like

Interesting to see so many of us concerned with downsizing or “pragmatic minimalism” – well put. :slight_smile: we have a small house and really have to avoid clutter, so I try to get things I will use. I have a Mickey mug, tumbler glass, tea tray, popcorn bowl, water bottle… Would love to get an antenna ball next time. For DD6.999, she gets a new charm each trip.

1 Like