Favorite character meal?

Want to try new character meal on upcoming Nov trip. We’ve done CP, Ohana ,Chef Mickey. Would like good food and fun characters for DS 11.

Garden Grill is probably our favorite or maybe a Tusker House breakfast. The character interactions at GG are great, particularly Chip & Dale who are highly interactive with kids…

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about Tusker House as well - Donald and Daisy I believe? We’re planning in in November.

1 Like

Love TH! Interesting food, great characters. And beer! If you’re into that kind of thing.

1 Like

I went to TH last week. The food was very good and the characters were fun!

1 Like

We loved Tusker House breakfast!! I would go there again for sure!!
I’ve never tried Garden Grill, but I’ve heard great things about that one too.

1 Like

Am I right about Donald/Daisy at TH breakfast? We were thinking of trying this time!

2 Likes

I went for lunch last Saturday: Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy

2 Likes

We liked Tusker house breakfast. Did that a few years ago.Garden Grill breakfast was great on our last trip. My kids loved the character interaction and I liked that it was family style. Food was pretty good too!

2 Likes

We have done several character meals in the past couple years with Children from 10-15 so I thought I can help! Here are my 2 recommendations.
-1900 Park Fare Breakfast: I think the character interactions were best here with Alice, Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins. The meal was great and we left full and didn’t need a meal till 7pm! A family favorite for sure and would recommend it in a heart beat.
-Tusker House Brunch: We had a late Breakfast reservation so we got Breakfast and Lunch in one! The food was the unique and well prepared. I would definitely return. The characters was better than their equivalents in Chef Mickey’s.
If you have any questions let me know!
-Brett
PS: We intend on trying Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine this October and of the reviews that I have read, I would put it the list of places to consider.

2 Likes

Oooh I am interested to hear about Minnie’s Holiday Dine at HV! I have been meaning to read up on it as we are going 11/28.
Also…how did I not know Mary Poppins was at 1900 Park Fare?! She’s an absolute fave of mine! :smiley: 1900 is just characters at breakfast right? Or these characters…they change at lunch or dinner don’t they?
Pleased to hear your feedback on characters at TH as well…we’re hoping to eat there instead of CM for a breakfast res.

Thanks for all the great ideas. Will look into TH, GG ,1900 and HV!

In the evening it’s Cinderella, Prince Charming and the ugly sisters.

1 Like

Tusker House
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Mickey’s Backyard BBQ

1 Like

Another vote for Garden Grill, we ate dinner there and we very much enjoyed it! It’s a little on the pricey side, but the food is good (much of it grown in Epcot) and you get 4 characters without having to wait in line!

1 Like

When we went in Oct. 2014, we saw Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy at the Tusker House breakfast. It’s my fave character meal, and pre-RD AK is beautiful…a perfect way to start the day!

1 Like

We really enjoyed both Tusker House (AK) and Hollywood & Vine (HS). Garden Grill is next on my list.

2 Likes

So glad I was able to help! From what I have read, the only other meal at 1900 Park are is dinner and its with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine and the wicked stepsisters Druzilla and Anastasia. Also, the setting in the Grand Floridian makes 1900 Park Fare truly magical. Like I said, Tusker House, IMO, is a lot better than Chef Mickey’s so I know you are going to enjoy your breakfast there!
-Brett

My absolute favorite was the backyard BBQ-- so relaxed!! Liked chef mickeys, CRT was my least favorite…

1 Like

Would your choice change if choosing first ever character meal? Just me and DBF but he has never done a character meal and want him to get the full disney experience, would be paying OOP for meal, TIA :slight_smile: