Fastpasses cancelled-CM error-help?

We booked a DDP package at a value resort, 6 nights starting March 10. I made all FPP (5 park days) within 15 minutes of the 60-day window opening. Got everything we wanted except SDD for a group of 9. Went to make the final payment on our package, which was due 45 days out, and was told there was some problem. Apparently the fix was to remove my wife from the reservation and re-add her. This caused her magic band selection and all her FPP to get cancelled. I didn’t notice this until 5 days later. I was able to “add guest” to the remaining reservations add her FPP back on for everything except: Dinosaur, 7DMT, FOP, and BTMR. I called the Internet help line and the CM fixed dinosaur by adding a bonus FPP for that ride, but told me there’s nothing they could do about the others because the parks “own” the fast passes for those rides. I was told that I must physically go to guest service on my park days and ask them to solve. So MK and AK, separately. I really don’t want to have to do that and take time out of my touring plan to deal with their mistak, and I’m hoping someone here has a suggestion of someone I can call or some type of CM supervisor I should ask for to get this squared away in advance. Thanks.
Update #1- I did call again as recommended by folks here, see my update below.
Update #2- success! See below.

1 Like

That sounds like a load of rubbish. I’d call again and if the next person can’t help, I’d ask for a manager.

4 Likes

+1

With an error that they made they absolutely CAN fix it and should. You should escalate it. Something similar happened WRT my husband’s park ticket for one of our trips and I insisted that since it was their error they would need to make it right. They sent it up to their higher complexity team and it did take a couple of days but it was resolved. They provided my husband with an “any experience” FPP for the time slots to match our FPP time slots.

Insist they fix it. And keep calling back and pressing until they do.

5 Likes

Call again

2 Likes

I second the call again. If they insist that you have to handle in park, ask that your party get anytime passes for each park to make up for missed time.

1 Like

Update. I just spent 75 minutes on the phone. With guest services, then internet help, then guest services, then a guest services supervisor, then with Internet help again. Nothing has changed except that they did confirm that the error was on their end, but remain powerless to fix it because they do not have “fastpass inventory” to solve the problem.
See update#2 below.

They have capacity to provide you with “anytime” fastpasses for your wife.

This is completely unacceptable. They can do it. They have done it before. They would provide you with anytime passes if something inconvenienced you in park.

I’m angry for you.

4 Likes

Ugh I’m upset for you!!! I would march into guest services upon arrival - ask for the fast passes to be replaced and for anytime fast passes to be added to all accounts. No reason they can’t do it.

1 Like

Can you at least get something in writing or attached to your account that will allow a park CM to see that you are ‘owed’ something for the FPs they canceled?

2 Likes

Update #2- I was on the phone 82 minutes total this evening, where I was told there’s nothing they could do. The Internet help CM, Dennis, did say he would make detailed notes so guest relations could review, and was otherwise super helpful with advice and said he would make detailed notes.

30 minutes later, I received an email from eCommerce Sales and Service Team saying “We are happy to inform you that we were able to resolve the challenges and concerns that were occurring.”
They added an “all day” fast pass for my wife for the correct days for 7DMT, BTMR, and FOP.
Now I need a drink.

I wish I could tell you that I knew what I did or said to get them to fix it, so the info would be helpful to others here. I tried my best to stay cool and be polite, but I did tell them I’d rather be on the phone for 50 hours before the trip solving it, than spend 5 minutes on my park day dealing with it. Maybe they figured they should activate the super secret otherwise unavailable protocol instead of listening to me again.

Thanks to everyone here for your empathy and support. I can’t wait to use my personalized touring plans for our first WDW vacation!

16 Likes

Very glad to read this update. Save that email and guard it with your life.

7 Likes

Good tip. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m so glad they finally fixed it for you. And I completely agree about not wanting to deal with it after arriving. That time is so valuable!

1 Like

I would forward the email to someone else or take a photo so you have back ups.

2 Likes

I think pointing out that you would be willing to spend 50 hours on the phone was probably the effective play. If I were a manager, I’d think of how much that would cost me in employee time, and solve the problem. Especially since it was my problem to begin with.

I was once advocating for a patient who needed surgery but the insurance company denied it. I was on the phone with one of their doctors, and finally he said “You’re younger and more determined than I am. You win.” Persistence pays off, and pointing out that you will be persistent can pay off even faster. :grin: Bravo!

7 Likes

I feel like your post was a premonition.

I am helping a friend with her trip in April. She purchased a package back in September and her confirmation showed everything correct. This morning I was helping her with FPP. Guess what? She had no ticket - and they instead assigned an adult ticket to her infant son who not only doesn’t need an adult ticket, he doesn’t even need a child’s ticket!

Rather than wait to deal with straightening that out, I had her go ahead and make the FPP using her infant son’s adult ticket. We called tonight to get it straightened out. I called the help desk directly and explained they needed to reassign the ticket AND keep the FPP intact. She reassigned the ticket and was ready to end the call. I said, “You’ve kept the FPP intact, correct?” Back on hold. I heard her adding them back manually one by one, and overriding when it sounded like there weren’t any more left (ie FOP). She assured me they were all set. I had my friend log into her MDE before we ended t he call to verify the corrections were all there.

They were.

I’m not sure we would have been quite so ready to direct them in how we wanted things rectified without your post. So although I’m sorry you went through that (and am happy it’s been fixed for you too) it helped me and my friend to get her package errors corrected pretty seamlessly (albeit with an hour’s investment)!

7 Likes

This is why I’m loving touring plans. There are countless mistakes I’m sure I’ve avoided by educating myself through the blogs and videos on here and through all of you on the forum. Glad it worked out. Thanks again.

2 Likes