Fastpass warning

I do, and that is what my TA said and what I was thinking before I got an answer from her.

I had reservations from March 21-31 as when I booked with my pin code at 240 days out, I didn’t know what flight options would be that far out as SW doesn’t even release them then. When I booked my FPP, my window opened 60 days before March 21. I am actually flying in March 22 and leaving March 30 as flights are booked now. I need to call and revise the nights. I wasn’t in a hurry and since calling Disney takes the better part of a week-ha!-I hadn’t done it yet. A day advance on FPP was an added (and unintended) perk of my reservation–Disney told me I wouldn’t have to cancel and rebook as I’m not adding any new dates but we know how CM phone info is sometimes. I hope that my FPP won’t be cancelled as I booked extra days (1 on each side) early on to ensure my room type would be available for all my dates . That is one good thing about Disney is their cancellation policy. Too bad it is used for abusing the system. I completely agree that cancelling FPP booked before 30 days out for those not staying onsite is good for Disney. There needs to be some perks (besides being in the bubble) for staying on property.

Disboards will not let me speak of this and how it will effect me and other people.

Disboards is a bit ridiculous with their discussion policy sometimes.

1 Like

Well I look at it more than just trying to hack the system as I did, but also to educate people about the constant changing of Disney.

Dis boards is mod heavy and is notorious for being uneven in applying the rules. I’d just steer clear of speaking of it. Doc will have you permabanned for less.

2 Likes

I love this Touring Plans forum, seems like more basic common sense here.

5 Likes

I have a room only reservation and I was curious to see what it would say if I tried to cancel it. It gave me the same warning about cancelling my FP. I wasn’t really wanting to cancel, just wanted to see what it would say. But I started to wonder… what would happen if you just changed your reservation to a later date. Say a couple of weeks later. What would happen to the FP you had already booked?

1 Like

With any new rule, Disney fans can find loopholes faster than any lawyer I know! :slight_smile: I say this with no judgment, just was humorous to me.

1 Like

Have you already made your FP? I’m wondering if it is s generic warning. I’ve never looked before, just became curious with the loophole possible closing.

I completely agree about receiving a warning via email. (And grace period) I am looking on PLE trying to find a reasonably priced deluxe. I’d cancel Pop then, but I have my doubts that Disney IT will work right. Disney IT is awful! I have a FP for next week I didn’t book shown in the app that I can’t delete. CM on phone has no idea why and can’t see it. Yet it remains…

1 Like

Yes I have FP.

I had 9 resort reservations in addition to my “real reservation” on MDE. I didn’t make any of them and was never charged for any, but I did check availability for the two resorts where my ghost reservations were made but never booked–it took 4 phone calls, 9 reps, and more than 3 hours total on the phone over 2 months to get rid of them off of MDE. Good luck!

1 Like

Glitches like that are my biggest concern with Disney coming in and sweeping FP on cancelled reservations.

1 Like

Disney IT glitches are the main reason to always, always, always have screen shots showing full details of all your room reservations, FPPs, and ADRs. You need something to fall back on to show what you had in place before they screwed everything up.

2 Likes

If you have fast passes currently, screen shot them.

1 Like

I print mine to a PDF from my computer

1 Like

Keep us posted as to what happens. I currently have reservations on the front and back of my “core” reservation too. Waiting to find out more about DH’s work. I would rather wait a couple of days on making my FPP than risk losing them when we get closer (if I need to cancel my first 2 days instead of my last 2 days…)

2 Likes

That’s my thinking, too, as our starting date is uncertain as well. I’m thinking a DAH that first night might be a good solution. Definitely will be following this thread.

I understand that if I don’t show up/check in for a room only reservation that I will be charged one night. I assume then I would keep the fast passes for my check in an check out days. But I would be stripped of them for the rest of the stay? If I want to pay for the nights of my room only reservation and not actually stay there, can I just check in online so I don’t have to go to the hotel?

1 Like