FastPass Time Recommendations

Hey y’all. My husband and I have been to WDW quite a few times. This is our first time bringing our 20 month old with us. Previously we would get our FP+ for the middle of the day when the park was the most busy. However, after doing research on this forum and other websites it sounds like the best option is to get FP for earlier in the day and then add a 4th, 5th etc FP. I wanted to see what everyone thought about trying to get FP times for 10-11, 11-12, 12-1 OR should I start FP from 9-10, 10-11, 11-12? Park opening is at 9am. Either way my game plan is to use the first FP at the end of the window then use the second FP right after the first. As soon as we tap in for second FP, I would modify the 3rd FP to hopefully an earlier time. Then start getting additional FP’s. We plan on taking a nice long break in afternoon. Probably will be out of the park from 1-4:30. Thoughts on my FP idea? Would you start FP Times right at park opening or delay it an hour? I always thought people were strange who had a FP early in the morning but maybe they were just smarter than me haha. I do get nervous that we won’t be able to get any other FP’s and will be stuck waiting in lots of lines later in the day/evening. Have you had a great experience in all 4 theme parks using this early FP technique? Thanks for any advice :grinning:

Try to get & use them as soon as possible, so you can get #4 & etc…

However, if you and your family are early risers and want to RD then you won’t need any FPP for the first hour. You can pretty much walk on to most rides (except 7DMT and Space) during that time.

I, and a lot of us here, use this method regularly with success.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks!! Yes we will do RD. So that being said you recommend waiting to get our first FP until an hour after park opens so 10-11 for first FP? Thanks! We are super excited for our trip!

Yes. Some people will get one at 9:30am to get the process started. It’ll depend on what FPPs are available. You shouldn’t have any trouble walking on at least 1 ride at RD - especially if you go to Frontierland or Adventureland first. Most ppl will line queue at 7DMT and Tomorrowland.

1 Like

I like to get my first FP for a time starting around 9:20-9:30. We RD and get a few rides in before heading over to our first FP around 10:15.

2 Likes

This is my method too.

1 Like

I too usually try to start FP by around 9:30. This gives plenty of time to RD a couple of rides while crowds are low then tap in closer to 10:30. Then when you get off FP #1 you can go directly to #2. Once you tap into #2 you try and modify #3 to an earlier time. The initial 3 are used before lunch and hopefully there are still plenty of attractions to choose from for FP #4.

1 Like

I prefer getting my first FP in the 9:00-10am window. If you’re rope dropping, you won’t start seeing monster lines in that first hour of course, but you will start seeing some buildup at the back end of that hour (and more than just some at the superheadliners). Burning your first 3 as fast as possible gets you to #4 as fast as possible, ahead of when most are getting to the #4 threshold. Meaning you will have access to the #4 pool before the options and times (such as there are) begin depleting. And the #5 pool. And #6, etc.

1 Like

Thanks! We plan on RD Fantasy Land just as we have our toddler with us. Plan on getting FP for PP, 7DMT and probably Jungle Cruise. Figure we will knock out a few things in Fantasty Land before our FP for PP and 7DMT.

Thanks!

Thanks!!

Depending on what your priorities are in the other lands, you might consider starting not in fantasyland. If you have fast passes for 7D and PP, then you are set. The rest of fantasy land is pretty easy to get a same day fast pass for with the exception of maybe Winnie the Pooh (I still haven’t had problems, but takes a little extra effort). Just food for thought as you are deciding what to book and where to go first.

Another thing that just popped in my head: ETWB is a solid FPP choice if you are wanting to do that with your little one. I wouldn’t want to do that one earlier in the day and burn that much of my RD time. It could be a good third pass though.

I like doing Buzz and People Mover early in the morning before any of my fastpasses start. Everyone goes to the headliners, these wont have a wait and great for your 20 month old.

2 Likes

We rope dropped buzz! With a 20 month old and 5year old. Was perfect walk on. Then made our way around to fantasy land hitting all the now wait attractions. It was great! Got so much done that first hour.

2 Likes

I think I’ve rope dropped buzz every trip since 2015. Love RDing that ride.

1 Like

Have you already gotten these FPP? I only ask because you’ve named two of the hardest FPPs to get at MK. I like your optimism.

Ha I think we will again! Also want to try Peter Pan to see the line!

1 Like

U could rope drop a few rides and really save more time over all vs getting aFP at park open. I always like to schedule my first FP 1.5 - 1.75 hours after open but only plan on using it to the end of the window.

1 Like

Thanks!! That is good to know that the rest of FL is easy to get same day FP for except Pooh. Good idea on ETWB…slow moving attraction. We have a few days at MK so we definitely want to get a FP for that one day. Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

No we haven’t gotten them yet. I am hopeful though :slight_smile: We have a few days at MK so we should be able to get them later in the trip.

1 Like