Fastpass return for 50th?

Is anyone else concerned that it is less than 60 days from the 50th and they have not announced anything about fastpass return?

3 Likes

I care more about the return of AP sales than FP

2 Likes

The latest “rumor” is they are waiting until after Labor Day. (probably gonna “sneak in” paid FastPass right before the 50th begins.)

3 Likes

Noooo. I’m there the week of the 20th - wa shooing they’d wait until after my trip :rofl:

2 Likes

Not really. I have literally no say in the matter so why worry about it? I’ll make my plans for no FP and if that changes then I’ll adjust.
Personally I don’t care if FP ever comes back.

3 Likes

I might be.
But I’m still trying to convince myself we’re actually going to WDW

2 Likes

Yep, this. I have planned out what I’d FP if it does return by my trip, just in case they drop the announcement with a “and people can start booking RIGHT NOW!” type nonsense, but otherwise…it is what it is.

2 Likes

Can’t recall if I heard this on Len’s podcast, or another Disney insider group…the platform/software used for FP was revamped for use as park reservations, so they can’t both be used at the same time. So, I’m guessing while PR are being utilized, no FP will be reinstated.

To quickly sum up what was said on Disney Dish:

Standby lines = Will have an “end of line” cut-off point

Standby + = Virtual queue for when standby is too long. You’ll return later, but still have to wait

Lighting Lane = Maxpass system previously used at Disneyland

Lighting Lane + = Paid “instant” access to rides (Paris’ paid “premier access”)

Boarding Groups will still be in place for ultra high demand / new rides like RotR and Ratatouille