Fastpass questions?!

Hi! I’m going to WDW with my boyfriend in October. I,m slightly nervous about the fastpass. I know we can do that 60 days before hand. But i really want to get a flight of passage FP. anyone have tips on how i should go about doing this? Also, if I start my vacation on the 17 of october does that mean when i do fastpasses I have to wait each new day so its excatly 60 days? Or does it start from 60 days when i get to WDW? I arrive on thur the 17. We wont be going to a park till the following day.

60 days before the 1st day of your hotel stay you can book FP for your entire trip. Be early on that day and you should be fine for FOP. :wink:

1 Like

You can start booking 60 days from your arrival day and book your whole trip up to 10? days (we usually go a week so I’m not sure). If you want FOP, I would try to put your AK day later in your trip so you have a better chance of getting it.

2 Likes

Length of ticket up to 14 days.

2 Likes

So to combine both answers here,

You can book for the whole of your onsite stay, up to 14 days.

You also need to be aware of how long the tickets are valid for too, they are not all automatically valid for the 14 days anymore.

1 Like

I didn’t see it anywhere in this thread yet, so, don’t forget, the 60 days in advance is only if you are staying onsite or at select Disney partner hotels.

Most people have the best luck booking FoP on the 4th or later day of their trip (generally referred to as 60+3 in terms of booking FPP. You may find FoP available earlier in your trip, but it will likely be for late in the day and not any morning times.

If FoP is your most important FPP to get, when your booking window opens, make that the first one you try to get. Then, after you get it, you can go through and book all the rest.

1 Like

Oh yes, I keep forgetting the different lengths of validity.

March 5, 2019 was my 60 days for my May 4th check in… I was nervous also because I had never booked FPP online. A few days before March 5th, I checked My Disney experience–MDE–to make sure all was good to go to select FPPs on March 5. There was a pleasant glitch and my FPP window was open so I was able to book FoP & 7DMT before the window closed. This can happen so look for it…The odds are that the glitch won’t occur…On March 5th, I got up at 3:50am PT (because I live in CA) and was signed in, and ready to begin my selections at 4am/7am ET. I was able to make a few FPP selections then the WDW system went down both on the app and online…I freaked…I had to wait about 45 min until I was able to complete my selections. I am telling you this because the FPP selection “race” can have obstacles that you just have to roll with. I ended up getting most of the times I wanted and got FPPs for all the rides over the 5 days we’ll be in the park.

1 Like

It might have been implied, but just to state it explicitly, you will be able to book FP’s for your entire vacation (or the first 14 days of it) on Aug 18th at 7:00 am EDT if you’re staying on site. The further back you put AK in your plans, the less other people you will be competing with at that point. You should absolutely be on the website, ready with your desired FP’s at 7:00am EDT.

If you’re staying off site, there are other ways to get FoP FP’s, but you probably won’t see any on Sept 17th. You could use the Fastpass finder (FP4me.com) or try the timed drops or RD it.

1 Like