Fastpass Park Hopper preplanning

The order is important here. If you let your tier 2 expire they must be scheduled PRIOR to your tier 1 or the system will not allow you to select another tier 1 in the same park. This has been tested and posted about by @marciemiwi. I will get the link for everyone.

I agree with @PrincipalTinker. If you are hopping better to make 2 SDFP for the next park instead of one at a time.

:laughing: isnā€™t that the truth!

Yes as long as you are not in a tiered park then depending on order of tier 1 vs tier 2 you might not be able to schedule another tier 1 without rescheduling a tier 2 and using it.

I tried to follow her thread last year, and I am still trying to understand it this year. I am a little bit confused about the end-around. Here is a hypothetical: Epcot: 1st FP Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival (9:00 - 10:00 AM). I will let the window expire without using. 2nd FP Test Track (10:00 - 11:00 AM). I will use this one. 3rd FP Spaceship Earth (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM). I will use this one. Now, when I try to reserve Soarinā€™ as my next FP, am I going to get a message that says I need to pick a Tier 2 attraction, and I just ignore this message? Will it give me the option to select Soarinā€™? (Having trouble seeing her screen shots of MDE.)

Is there a reason you will not do Pixar?

Oops, sorry, posted on the linked thread, not here: AuntB - Iā€™ve tested it in the meantime and been able to do it with the Tier 1 in the middle. I canā€™t put all the info here, but you can find it on the DIS starting with this post and then the next one: FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs | Page 4 | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

1 Like

Family doesnā€™t care to repeat it. (Saw it last year). Have the films changed?

Iā€™m thinking the hassle isnā€™t worth it for park #1. Maybe just schedule all of your FP for the afternoon park, since it will be more busy thenā€¦? Assuming you RD the 1st park.

In retrospect, this topic could really use a flow chart.

2 Likes