Fastpass+ Add On

It’s not an official policy. It just refers to the MDE loophole that allows guests with an open 60 day window to book FP for guests without an open window in the presence of valid ticket media.

1 Like

…as long as that ticket media is not tied to a package?

Correct. The person you are trying to umbrella in without an open 60 day window can’t have ticket media attached to a package. The person with the open 60 day window can be package ticket or not.

1 Like

Thanks for your help @AuntB_luvsDisney!

2 Likes

You bet! One of my favorite topics…FPs!

2 Likes

Just make sure you allow enough time for the RFID card to be delivered before your FPP day!

Echoing what @AuntB_luvsDisney said, the one other proviso with the umbrella strategy is that at least one person who is staying onsite must be on each FP for anyone who is not staying onsite.

And if the offsite friends have their own MDE account, you will have to invite them through MDE. Which also means they would have the ability to change or cancel FPs for the whole group.

So if they are not familiar with booking and modifying FPs then it would be better to just add them to your own profile ( But not if they already have an MDE account, otherwise that causes big problems).

1 Like

I believe you have to initially include one of the onsite people, but can actually remove them once you get past the initial “person selection.”

1 Like

I agree!

Ok, so I just bought a one day ticket for him on my MDE account and assigned it to his name. Hoping this means I can include him in my FP+ party when booking them next week. I do still need to figure out how to get the ticket mailed to us before the trip though, as the confirmation email I got said we need to go to will call to get it and Id rather avoid that.

1 Like

If you selected an e-ticket then I believe you will have to pick it up at will call. The other option is to buy him a magic band.

1 Like

They didn’t give me any options on the ticket when I purchased. I’ll call to see what they can do. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hopefully it will come in the mail. If not maybe hit Guest services the day before or super early.

exactly this. I had family join us, right around the 60 day mark. They did not have their own MDE accounts (and still don’t). I bought their tickets and linked them to my account, and they became members of our party. Their plastic cards were shipped to me, and I gave them to them. I had anxiety up until when they were admitted to the parks and went on rides with us. then I relaxed…