Fastpass+ Add On

Hi all. My family of 4 is booked at Wilderness Lodge end of August 2018 and so our FP+ booking date is fast approaching! My father, who lives near Orlando, is planning to meet up with us during our vacation on the day we are going to Animal Kingdom. I plan to book FP+ for the 4 of us at the 60 day mark and I realize I cant book anything for my dad since he’s not part of our party on MDE (he’s not staying onsite and does not yet have a park ticket). What is the easiest way to try to add him to our FP+ reservations? If he buys a park ticket online, can I link him to our party and then book FP+ on his behalf? If so, how far in advance can that be done? He is not very tech savvy so I’m trying to figure out the easiest way to handle this for him. I also am hoping we can all end up with some overlapping fastpasses to make the day more enjoyable for all! Thanks in advance for your help!

If he buys a ticket online without a resort stay, he will be able to book 30 days out. Yes, if you add him to your friends and family, you should be able to book for him. There’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to get overlapping FP times, but with anything except the super-headliners, you should be able to modify your way into some overlaps.

1 Like

Thank you! One more question- since he wont have a magic band, how will he gain access to the FP+ lines?

I believe if you add him to your MDE account (send the invite and have him accept) and he has a ticket you can make his FP at day 60.

2 Likes

He’ll use his ticket.

For that to work does she have to invite him? Or just add him and his ticket and do his plans for him? Never have been clear on how this works…

What does he get as a “ticket” if he purchases online? Would he have to pull it up on his phone or will Disney give him a physical ticket? I’ve only ever used a Magic Band so this is new to me. Thanks.

I am going to tag @AuntB_luvsDisney. I am not sure!

2 Likes

I assume he’d have it posted to him or pick it up at Will Call. He’ll need it to get in the park, never mind FPs.

Understood that he needs the ticket for park entrance. I just wasn’t sure if it would be a mobile ticket that you need to pull up on your cell phone, or something physical. Trying to figure out how to pull up a mobile ticket at each FP+ entry line might be painful for him, lol. Thanks!

No not a mobile ticket, it will be a hard ticket.

1 Like

I think that when you order online they still mail you the physical cards. My MIL sent me our numbers off our cards (we ordered from Park Savers) so I could link them before actually getting them “in hand”…

@PrincipalTinker thanks!

1 Like

This is correct!

3 Likes

He would get the plastic RFID card. He can have it mailed or pick up at guest services. I recommend you just add him as a profile to YOUR MDE and buy his ticket in your account. Much easier especially if you will be managing the plans and he is not tech savvy. I also recommend having the RFID card shipped to avoid guest services.j

3 Likes

Yes! You can request this.

1 Like

No need to worry about overlapping times. He can be umbrella’d in and his FP made at 60 days with the rest of the family. Just link up in MDE or better yet add him as a profile to the MDE managing everyone else.

1 Like

I’ve heard about this umbrella business. Can you elaborate?

Specifically, I linked my parents’ resort stay which begins before mine to my MDE. They don’t have their own MDE. They booked over the phone. Will we all be able to book FP’s based on their arrival date? Or will half the party have to wait until 60 before that party’s arrival?

It depends on your tickets. If you booked a package then no. Everyone’s FP window opens based on their package dates. If your tickets are not part of a package, you booked room only reservations and bought tickets separately then yes. everyone will be able to have FP booked when the first person’s FP window opens.

1 Like

Thanks! We did book 2 packages, so no matter which way we link, it will stay separate? What is the “umbrella policy” specifically? I’ve seen it mentioned in a few other places and I’ve always been curious.

Correct. One of the reasons I avoid packages. Everyone will have to book at their own 60 day mark.