Fastest way from HS to Epcot?

Think about who is in your party if you are walking. My boys took so long walking from Boardwalk to HS that my friend sent her sons out as a search party.

If time is of the essence, I ditto PP with Minnie Van. If you have more time to spare, again I ditto a combo of boat/walk from the first stop.

It would only be faster by boat than walking if about was waiting. Itā€™s around 20 minutes by boat, and there are only 2 at any one time, so 1 in each direction. If you have to wait at all it would be quicker to walk.

Park to park walking is around 20-25 minutes, unless you have someone who cannot walk at the TP ā€œnormalā€ walking pace.

Even with the altered route at HS? It took us that long to get to Boardwalk from HS. DH and DD sped ahead of me to get there. It took me much longer because I was using a walker.

Ah, I thought the path was back to normal now. Is it just that some of the hoarding is down then, not that the path is back to itā€™s usual route?

Boarding wasnā€™t down at the beginning, and seemed to take us around stuff it doesnā€™t normally. However, the path may be back to normal and I donā€™t know the difference. :slight_smile:

I still maintain that itā€™s faster to take the boat, if itā€™s there, than it is to walk. Iā€™m basing that on the amount of time it took DD17 to push DH to Boardwalk in his wheelchair. They were going pretty quickly. I was about 15 minutes behind them. If you walk as slow as I do, then itā€™s definitely faster to go by boat, and much more restful.

1 Like

haha, I like that the styling there looks like the Underground, but with little mouse ears on the icon.

I absolutely think it is faster to walk! (Assuming non-disabled adults.) The boats are agonizingly slow. I have taken them many times to give my feet a rest, but if you are in any form of a hurry you will be driven crazy on the boats. First, they drive wicked slow. Then they make approximately 7,654 stops. Each stop they have to slowly cozy up to the dock, tie up, give the all clear and THEN let people off and THEN let people board. Standard safety spiel, untie, slowly back away, etc. And if the boats are getting kind of close to each other, they also slow down.

1 Like

The boat is right around 30 minutes. Slower or faster by a few minutes depending on amount passengers boarding, or getting off.

The walk is generally faster. The construction might add extra steps. Unless there is a boat waiting for you, or just about to arrive, and you want to save the steps, walk.

We walked HS to Epcot in December and it was about 25 minutes from HS gate to Epcot IG gate. We walk at a ā€œnormalā€ pace, but we had to stop once or twice to figure out where we were going (and may not have taken the fastest path: we went past Beach Club and Yacht Club).

If we go to HS for EMH for the sole purpose of TSL only and then have a 10:15 Garden Grill reservation, I think we would make it? On the day Iā€™m planning EMH is 8-9am (right now anyway!)

While it may not be the ā€œfastestā€ route, I enjoy the boat ride from DHS to Epcot. Iā€™d prefer to save my feet and sit. I donā€™t remember how long the ride was but it didnā€™t seem like it would be any longer than walking.

I also vote for walking. I find the path from HS to BW to be a nice break from all the humanity. It always seemed to be cooler along the water and the boats smell like ,well, boats to me. You know, hot motor oil, etc. Always kind of gives me a sinus headache. Of course Iā€™m always looking for extra steps, not avoiding them. The more steps I have, the more I can eat! :grin: