Fast Passes, Single Rider Line & Extra Magic Hours?

This is definitely true. I like knowing the spreadsheet trick, however, because when I am planning, I have one place I enter a starting date. Then the rest of the spreadsheet automatically updates the rest of the days of the week for the trip, including days for booking FPs and ADRs. This way if we change our arrival date, I make one modification and everything else is updated for me.

5 Likes

I create a trip in touring plans. I thought it used to give you 180 and 60 day notifications but now I can’t find that on my dashboard just the countdown days. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Didn’t they mention a little while ago that they were going to try virtual queues for certain attractions? Maybe they are planning on replacing FP on these rides with VQs. Just a thought I had while reading the articles about the signage coming down. I don’t remember what rides they said they were going to try VQ with

5 Likes

noooo, excel is your friend!!! :grin:

3 Likes

Before the parks re-opened there was a plan to use VQs instead of stand-by lines. Maybe they realised there wasn’t enough to keep people occupied whilst waiting for their VQ return time.

2 Likes

I wonder, too, about capacity. They need lines to swallow up people.

2 Likes

I would love this to be true. Even if you can only have one at a time. Could definitely get on board.

Yes exactly right. And also there has to be a reason why it says Virtual Queues (with an s) on MDE.

2 Likes

:astonished:

1 Like

The plot thickens

3 Likes

So do we think a VQ would work like the old paper FP, i.e. you’d tap in/click in MDE and receive a same day 1-hour window to return to a shorter queue?

1 Like

Good question. Will it be like Universal’s Virtual Line? Or is there a better way, if we can’t reserve 30 days ahead anymore?

1 Like

Is that how Universal does it?
I’m just presuming it won’t be a like a BG or they’d just call them that.

And I’m presuming their main effort remains getting people out of the long lines and out spending money… I mean… experiencing the magic while they wait to ride.

2 Likes

I would love this - basically just a digital version of the old paper system. Isn’t that essentially what MaxPass was at DL? I’ve never been so am not sure.

3 Likes

The Virtual Line Passes drop a few times during the day every 2 or 3 hours.

2 Likes

So kind of like BGs but with multiple opportunities there might be less tearful mornings.

Do the Virtual Line Passes drop at predictable set times like BGs?
Or is it pretty random based on how packed the park is that day, how long standby is, wind direction, astrological sign, if the TM sees their shadow…

1 Like

Yes that’s how Hagrids works.

There is multiple factors too yes. Not sure about the other rides.

2 Likes

I’ll add, the couple times I’ve been to UOR were low crowds and the VL was not needed. Once Hagrids wait gets over 60 minutes, it is initiated. I think the wait at the VL queue can still be 15 minutes or so.

2 Likes

15 minutes is fine.
60 minutes… I think my family will be burning me in effigy after 45.

1 Like

To not confuse you, there is only one queue. When VL is operating, there is no standby line.

We waited 35 minutes one time for Hagrids which was a little long but not really in the grand scope of things. Posted waits are always higher than actual waits, just like WDW.

3 Likes