Fast Passes for a traveling companion who is out of the country at T minus 60 days

Yeah so it was different. DH set up his own account and then invited me. I told DS to set up his own account and then I invited him. But the same outcome - no issues.

1 Like

I think what we can take from this is that it can be problematic.

Probably because there are so many ways people can do this, of which some will cause problems and some wonā€™t.

Reading what @cjandres said is ringing a bell. Maybe this is what causes the problems? :thinking:

But in any case, MDE can be a total cluster at times, which is why switching things part way into the planning phase is not something I would recommend. :flushed:

OP here. Thanks for all the answers! My buddy is already out of the country. He is not going to install the app until he gets back, so Iā€™m not going to beat that dead horse. He has left me his credit card details so that I can order his ticket in his absence, so I will not be on the hook for the cost of his ticket.

he most important issue is that I need to have control of the FPP booking process for both of us at the 60 day mark. It sounds like Iā€™m on the right track by adding his profile to my account with his ticket number, and then making those FPP reservations for both of us.

But I can imagine a scenario where we are visiting a park and he decides that he would like to change one of his FPP to a different attraction. It sounds like I would have to do that for him since his profile would exist only in my account. Thatā€™s a shame. It seems like he should be able to create an account, enter his ticket number, see his FPP reservations, and take control of them after we arrive.

It is not terribly important that he be able to create an account and manage his FPP independently.

What is YOU created a MDE on his behalf? I mean, as if you were him.

Use an email address you know he has. His birthdate, and use a password thatā€™s kind of basic

Link your accounts by ā€œfriendingā€ him.

Buy the tickets

Link his to him by Going Iā€™m into his account to add it to his profile.

I think this will work.

You will then be able to add him to your FPP plans but he can change them independently.

When he gets home he can update his account and change his password.

I think this would work

5 Likes

My god @OBNurseNH, that is brilliant!!! That is exactly what I will do!!!

1 Like

:::takes a bow:::

3 Likes