Fast Passes Cancelled When Room Only Reservation Cancelled?

There are still unfair loopholes, where you gain that advantage and then cancel.

But it’s better than nothing. And they might yet close the remaining loopholes; and do it without warning too.

You would lose all FPs for days where you do not have an onsite reservation.

I agree - I also feel bad for people who need those cheaper reservations at FW or the AS resorts. Lots of people just taking up rooms as throwaways.

4 Likes

I think Disney should cancel FPPs if you never check into your WDW resort. This would cut down on throwaways and open up reservations for those that want the least expensive value resorts and will actually stay there. I also have a beef with those who horde ADRs at 180 days never intending to use them. Sure they will eventually cancel some but it screws up the planning for others.

3 Likes

Most people do online check in and never go near the front desk whether it’s a throwaway or not so I’m not sure how that would work. I’m not a fan of ADR hoarding either though.

2 Likes

True

1 Like

There appears to be another development in the implementation of the FP cancellation policy.

I’ve seen reports where an AP holder has had FPs cancelled when cancelling a room within 30 days.

• booked an onsite resort room
  • booked FPs at 60 days out
  • cancelled the room within the 30 days
  • received an email for every day of his cancelled stay, saying FPs would be deleted
  • FPs were deleted

So they seem to now be doing a sweep of AP holders where FPs booked beyond 30 days have no corresponding onsite stay.

The interesting thing is that the AP holder was the only member of the group to lose their FPs. The rest, with ordinary tickets, kept theirs (so far).

However, if they can track the date FPs were booked for AP holders, they can do it for everyone else.

Another loophole appears to be closed. I would expect further developments before GE opens.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @Nicky_S. Curious, where are you seeing the reports?

I’m not @Nicky_S but I saw this same report on the DIS boards this morning.

2 Likes

I did a similar test. I canceled outside of 30 days. Got the email about cancellation. I made another reservation. Fatspass stayed. Then canceled the 2nd reservation. The 2nd cancellation was inside 30 days. I did not get an email about fast pass cancellation and so far they have not been canceled. I an an AP holder. It was a 1 person fastpass for It’s a Bugs Life.

1 Like

That’s always a good source, as they do a lot of testing of the system there.

Of course, as soon as the moderators decide something has been changed and therefore the subject is now agaianst the T&Cs, they’ll close down all further discussion.

2 Likes

When did you cancel?

The recent reports have been in the last two or three days, with FPs cancelled today (or yesterday in one report).

1 Like

The 2nd cancellation was on May 2nd 2019.

This drives me crazy. There is always such good info/testing over there, but the shutting down of threads with the good info makes me nuts. Apparently I don’t agree with the morality police making the rules. :laughing:. I love that TP lets us talk about anything and doesn’t feel the need to be the morality police of the internet.

5 Likes

I believe it’s all because the owner of Dreams Unlimited (or whatever the name is) doesn’t want “his forums” to be seen to permit people to discuss breaking the rules.

And yet, it is so hypocritical. For example, DME is meant to be a service for onsite guests travelling from MCO to WDW. The FAQs on the website say that it is not a luggage service for those not using DME. So it’s against the rules to use it as a luggage service, right?

Actually, apparently it’s not. Because the T&Cs don’t say so, and Disney hasn’t yet chucked all luggage belonging to people who take an Uber into the Seven Seas Lagoon. Therefore they can have whole threads about it.

Whereas because they started cancelling FPs, they can’t have people discussing exactly what circumstances cause this to happen.

:roll_eyes:

Now I think my views on booking FPs are fairly clear. But I’m happy to post updates so people can be warned as to what may happen, whilst not liking the fact people try it. I really don’t want to see people get stung once it’s too late. Maybe that’s also being hypocritical though.

3 Likes

Agree with you, their rules make little sense to me and are so hypocritical. Do you know if there have been any changes to this situation:
Real onsite stay booked for 7 nights. Overlapping onsite stay (14 nights) that includes those 7 nights, plus the 7 before them. FPP made 7 days before the real 60 day FPP date. Overlapping reservation cancelled at some point but keep the 7 night with real dates. Will FPP stay, even though were made early?

“Probably” is the best I can say.

Up until the recent reports, it seemed your case wouldn’t have caused those FPs to be deleted.

But if they can track the date that FPs were made, then it’s only a matter of time before they could identify which FPs were made more than 60 days out from an existing reservation.

Seems like this week’s update has resulted in this AP “sweep”. That’s probably a trial run of the logic and code, limited to AP holders to prevent widespread upset. If it works, they can easily change it to include everyone.

And the next step would be to check for FPs made more than 60 days out from any existing reservation.

1 Like

Lots of changes, kind of glad I don’t have a trip planned anytime soon.

1 Like

Wonder how this will affect the umbrella policy. Will the coding be sophisticated enough to track all the way through the lines to see if the original reservation that isn’t even part of the MDE account still exists.

All I know is that I’m totally regretting having a package. If I had a room-only, I could cancel much later, within the 30 days, and probably be safe. As it stands, I’d lose $200 per package (we have 2 separate reservations to take advantage of deluxe dining). I probably won’t cancel, but I would like the freedom to grab something awesome from Priceline Express or dvc last minute deals. oh well. Lesson learned.