Fast Pass Returning?

Why am I not surprised? Disney never met a nice thing that they didn’t want to turn into a revenue stream. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Will be interesting to see what they go with for the paid option. So many parks have similar systems. Will it be unlimited for a certain price? Fixed number? Pay per ride? What about Club level? So many questions.

A MaxPass style paid system would be OK. Paying for what we enjoy for free now, is a little less exciting, although I guess if it means fewer people utilize it and thus it is a better experience then maybe it has some value…

2 Likes

I LOVE the max pass system at DL… I think it evens the playing field. And it’s affordable, unlike US

2 Likes

The problem with MaxPass is three-fold, as I see it. Of which one is genuinely an issue, one is hotly debated but probably true for some rides and one is a preference thing… :wink:

1. Unlike DL where most people would have a maximum of 4 days to pay for, at WDW many people stay for a week and overseas guests can buy 2 and even 3 week tickets (or used to be able to, not at the moment).That would add up fast for a family.

2. In MK it would probably be fine. For DHS and AK, and soon Epcot too, there is one ride that everyone wants to get and relatively few others.

3. I don’t want to have to rope drop to be able to ride the major rides. FoP, RotR, GOTG, Tron. Those will go as fast as Rise currently does, regardless.

I think it will end up being a new system (a so-called hybrid of existing systems) with paid options. My preference is for the DLP system. However if the new system allocates fewer FPs than the old system did, then MaxPass could still be on the table.

My guess right now is that they are trying to decide what advantage or benefit, if any, they give onsite guests. This is a unique WDW problem - the sheer number of onsite guests.

3 Likes

Disney World Removes Website References to FastPass

I think not having advance reservation options is the biggest negative of MaxPass…A lot of the WDW hotel guests see the 60 day booking window as an important perk of their stay…DL is more of a locals park where WDW is more of a tourist park…I wouldn’t be too happy if I booked a week long stays and didnt get to ride the most popular rides since we dont get up early on vacation. I would hope that WDW would have some version of advanced bookings, even if you had to pay for it

3 Likes

FINALLY!

Too right, Michael. We have stayed on resort the two times we have been to WDW, happy to rope drop, ALWAYS use Touring Plans (thanks guys) and have had great success in the parks with minimal waits. And we have also booked our FPs at the 60 day mark. If some form of FP or MaxPass does not get instituted for resort guests, I doubt we would stay onsite again. Or at the least not in the Disney owned resorts. I think if we were faced with long waits PERIOD, we might not even go again.

2 Likes

well… up until now, I’ve been to WDW a lot and during peak rode nothing all day cuz I couldn’t get a FP and was physically unable to stand in a l o n g line. I was about to quit Disney altogether, complained to a CM about all the money I had spent on resort, food, tickets, airfare then and they told me about DAS; game changer. After I got my AP I stalked FP for awhile just to see… and certain rides I never saw available. That’s why I prefer MaxPass; I had a chance at getting a pass.

1 Like

Exactly. I always feel I’m being punished for not wanting to get up at 4 am PST on our vacation to make rope drop to to be able to take advantage of low crowds/no waits. Even if they just brought back resort only after hours EMH I’d be happy. It was only a couple of hours, however, I felt it made up for not making rope drop.

I’d even be ok if FP was “free”, and then doing a pay per version with twice as many options.

Dear Disney, let me pay for FP. TAKE. MY. MONEY.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how you could go to WDW knowing FP+ and not book anything at all?

1 Like

I could never get the rides we wanted, it was always stuff no one wanted to go on… so I didn’t use it much… We used FP when we had young runners to get tickets. That worked for us

1 Like

Also, don’t know if anyone noticed but they talk about Mandara Spa which all spas are closed to the best of my knowledge.

Welcome to the forum!