Fast pass - how hard will it be?

Hello!
We are a group of 10 travelling to Disney World the last week of February 2020. We are staying on resort so we can book at 60 days. How hard will it be to get FP for a group this size?
Specifically wondering for
Day 61: MK (SDMT, BTM, Splash)
Day 62: HWS (SDD)
Day 65: AK (FOP)
We will be going back to MK on day 67 so we could do SDMT then :slight_smile:

Just trying to be realistic!
Thank you!

2 Likes

SDD at day 62 will be tough.

For all of them, be prepared to book in smaller groups with overlapping times. It’s easier to get 5 at 11:15-12:15 and 5 at 11:30-12:30 than to get 10 at the same time.

3 Likes

SDD will definitely be tough. SDMT might be available - I couldn’t get it at 60 days for 3 people. I’m guessing you’ll be okay on FOP.

1 Like

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

This site is very helpful. You can follow the trends and adjust accordingly.

1 Like

Yes, you won’t be able to get 7DMT on day 61. I would have a backup. Same for SDD on day 62.

For my HS visit, I had Star Tours, Toy story mania, and Indiana Jones. We are going back to HS later in the week, so we got a SDD FPP then.

1 Like

7DMT at 60+1 will tough. SDD at 60+2 will be near impossible. FOP at 60+5 will likely be available (no guarantees). Are you going to WDW around President’s Day weekend? Crowds will likely be very high those days (and the days surrounding).

2 Likes

FWIW, I got 7DMT on 60+1 for four people. It was the first FP I tried for. Obviously, I only needed four people, so that’s easier. I originally got it for late in the day, I forget exactly when, but I was able to modify to 5:20 PM, which worked for us. I was able to get it early in the morning on 60+4 (9:35 with a 8 am opening).
I got FOP on 60+2. (this was the FP my husband looked for first). Again, I only needed it for 4 people. My husband originally grabbed it for around 6pm, but I was able to modify it to around 2:30 pm.

I followed the Dibb religiously, and made my plans for FP morning based on what was realistic at the time. Just note though, the Dibb shows availability for groups of 4 or 2. Nothing for groups of ten.

2 Likes

I think the SDD FPP is still up in the air due to the RotR attraction opening in December. Odds are that they won’t offer FPP for that attraction for several months, but you never know.

1 Like

@davej thank you for your help! We arrive the Friday after presidents day. It will be the weekend of the princess half marathon.

Thank you @Dad_of_twin_girls! We do have an 8am reservation for BOG. I had read you can often ride 7DMT after breakfast before the park opens so maybe I will hope for that! We are gong back to MK on 60+8 so perhaps I’ll have luck that day. However we just have one HWS day planned unless we go on one of our 2 rest days which I’m hesitant to do! My kids are 5 & 7 so I feel down days are important as we likely won’t do afternoon breaks.However maybe we could go for an hour or two to on an off day and just do 3 FP rides and leave…we do have tickets for every day. I guess I’ll wait and see what we get!

1 Like

That is definitely a possibility. It won’t be effective if there is EMM hours during that time as a lot of other people staying in resorts will be going there, but if it just opens at normal time and you have a PPO reservation, it can get you on with little or no wait.

Also, when I said you won’t be able to get on at 60+1, I meant for a group of 10. It may be possible to break up the group and possibly get one if they are overlapping times, but it will be tough. I wouldn’t count on it and have a backup just in case.

1 Like