Fast Pass and Touring Plan help for last minute ONE Day TP for MK on 3/14/19

Drat! I almost snagged a BOG Bfast reservation for 8:00!

Also, I’m wondering if there is a way to keep checking for FP as you suggest when you already have 3, without having to surrender one of them potentially? TIA!

Yes you just have to modify an existing fastpass. Just don’t click save or whatever it is at the end unless you want to replace. I find it easier to modify on a browser and not on the app. But just personal opinion.

1 Like

Yes, the breakfast can help you because you could be right at the front of the line before the crowds come.

1 Like

You have to keep checking and you would have to try to modify one of them.
Another thing, you can not get a FP that is less than an hour from one of the other FP.

1 Like

Well, I’ve managed to snag an 8:45 am breakfast at the Plaza. I’m not sure that’s going to help us unless we get there early, they seat us ahead of our reservation, and we eat REALLY fast…but I’m going to keep checking I guess. Any thoughts?

I don’t see that helping you in any fashion as the the park would have RD at 9am. Getting a BOG 8:00am would be the best, even maybe about a 8:20 would work.

That’s what I thought too upon further reflection. Thanks again @davidjjenkins1961!

How does a BOG reservation work with it being a QSR for breakfast? Can you get there earlier? The earliest reservation I’ve gotten so far is 8:30 for that using the TP res finder using a 7:30 search. Maybe I should try again with a 7:00? I wish you could have it search on the quarter-hour.

BOG, even though a QSR for breakfast and dinner still would be a place you want to get an ADR for. If you pre-order, you can get your food fairly quickly and then head out to get in the line for where you want to be at. If you wait to order til you get there, it will end up eating up a lot of the time you could save and end up out back ready to go. I have done the breakfast here, and if you pre-order, can be in and out in under 30 minutes easily.
I love the reservation finder on here and I also will keep looking on MDE to make or change the reservation. If the park RD is 9am, an 8:30am ADR for BOG with the pre-order, should work if you don’t take your time while eating. An earlier ADR would give you time to look around in BOG, which if you love Beauty & the Beast, you will want to do.

1 Like

Thank you for all of your help @davidjjenkins1961! This is (hopefully, lol) my last question! If you could get an earlier ADR, even if it’s at another location such as the Plaza or Crystal Palace, would you take it? Say between 8:00 and 8:15 or keep BOG and proceed with pre-order and early arrival?

That I don’t know, as I am unsure if you would be able to get back into the Fantasyland before RD at the Plaza or CP.

I think I would keep trying to move the BOG to earlier and do the pre-order and early arrival.

Is the RD a different location for those who have ADR’s at BOG than those who enter park at opening? I haven’t been to WDW for 10 years, so there have been SO many changes since then!

It used to be that they couldn’t come into MK until after the opening show, which included the train. They have changed the opening show to be at the Courtyard of Cinderella’s Castle, so now they line people up in areas that lead towards the different lands and they allow them to be in the park prior to RD but not past the CMs or the Ropes.

If its been 10 years, i think you need to come and see the many changes. :grinning:_ You would love it.

I know I’m going to love it! I keep saying this is going to be my last post and then you mention something that makes me think of a new thing (I’m so sorry, lol!) My husband and I went twice in 2009/2010. Now we have a seven year old who has never been, so this is going to be her first time ever. So, I’m expending a lot of “think” and research energy trying to balance that fact with the fact that we’ve only got one day and now crowds are predicted to be a 10. I love to plan “imaginary” WDW trips (I mean, how’s a girl to survive in the last 10 years without it?!?!) so I’ve watched all the changes from afar and kept up-to-date through TP Youtube videos, etc. I’m likely over-thinking and worrying, but it’s her first time and I want it to be “oh so magical”!

So, when we complete our ADR at BOG, then we walk back to the hub and get in line at the spoke leading back to Fantasyland again? Am I understanding that correctly? Or do they have a separate “congregating” are for those who have ADR’s at BOG?

I make the imaginary WDW and even Disneyland trips too. You do not have to go back out of Fantasyland. what you can do is just go get in line for the ride you want there (7DMT, PP and others) The opening show is nice but if you seeing it on Youtube is good for me.
I’ve done CL10’s many times. The TP you have made up is much, much more important than what the CL is. I can’t find the link, but have read where its 4 or 5 times more important. Have fun while there, remember where you are. Enjoy it. I’m going to share a link to a post I did sometime ago and it really helps me in having a different outlook on when I come to DWD.

1 Like

Totally agree with this., I experienced a CL 10 day and a CL9 day at MK over President’s Day week, and it was fine. The TP made it so our waits were minimal and we got done most everything we wanted to do. If you haven’t already, learn the modify trick to get extra FPs. Just realize that there are certain sections of the park that are “choke points” where it can get really congested (e,.g. the path from Liberty Square to Fantasyland). You may have to dodge and weave a little bit at those spots, but otherwise, I didn’t find being there on a CL10 day to be as bad as I thought it would be.

Once you leave BOG, you can line up right at 7DMT before the rest of the park rope drops. Huge advantage. For BOG, order your food ahead of time online before you arrive at the park (you can order up to a month before) - allows you to skip the line getting in. Also, show up a little early, they may let you in earlier. Show up at 8, for example. Keep trying the reservation finder to move your BOG time up earlier. The BOG advantage won’t apply to Crystal Palace or the Plaza as far as I know…

Thanks@mikejs78. I love that modify trick! I’m not sure what FPs will still be available once in the park, but between the TP, FPs and the DAS that we will hopefully secure for our daughter, we should have a lovely one day of magic!

Well, I’ve managed to inch my ADR at BOG up (in increments of 5 min at a time) to 8:15! :joy: I’ll keep going in 5 min increments if I have to! :slight_smile: We’ll plan to arrive early and pre-order. I’m not sure how long to allow for parking, security, and actual walking time to BOG (any suggestions?), but I’m just thrilled that I managed to snag the BOG reservation at all at this stage in the game!!! We fly out tomorrow to Miami for our 5 night DCL and then we’ll finish it up with a little magic at MK. Thank you @davidjjenkins1961, @mikejs78, and @koolaid again for all of your assistance! :clap:

1 Like

I think you will be fine. It was a pleasure to help. I hope that you have a truly magical time. We are flying out Saturday morning out of Denver for our stay. Enjoy yourself and if I can be of any assistance for your next visit, let me know.

1 Like

If it were me, I would plan to arrive at the TTC by 7. Because after that you still have to get through security, make your way to the park either by monorail, ferry or bus and then get checked in by the time they let you in to main street at 7:45. Shouldn’t take too long to get to BOG, but if you want to take pictures on a somewhat empty main street before your reservation you will need to allow time for that. I haven’t done it but everything I have read says that you can get in to BOG with everyone else regardless of your reservation time, so it’s really up to you if you want to allow time for photo ops.

1 Like