Fantastic stay at Old Key West March 2016

For those who have been wondering about OKW- don’t hesitate! We enjoyed it greatly! We got a good deal through Orbitz on top of Disney discount so made it even more affordable than most villas on property.
We requested Bldg 46 upper floor, based on recommendations here and other sites. TP fax worked perfectly and we got 4630! Got the text our room was ready while on ME so went straight to room. I sent a picture of view from our room- was overlooking the canal with beautiful sunrises. Since our youngest was 8, this was our 1st trip without strollers so stairs didn’t bother us!
Had 2BR for 6 of us and this was definitely the roomiest villa we have stayed in at WDW. Previous stays were at Kidani and Wilderness Lodge. The room seemed brighter too than those. Plenty of closets and dressers to keep everyone’s stuff. We had an issue with the whirlpool in master bath- faucet was loose and snapped off 2nd night there and we couldn’t turn it off. Called desk and maintenance came right up and it was fixed within 20 min.
Resort is big, but we liked the quiet, and had <5 min walk to closest pool. There was some construction going on at building next to us but they had fences up and really didn’t bother us much. We found we usually had that pool to ourselves if we went there in the evenings. Also <5 min walk to nearest bus stop. If we saw bus we wanted go by before we got to bus stop, we had time to get to Hospitality House and catch it before it left the resort. Brisk walk to there was <10 min. and the bus had 2-3 more stops before it got there.
We used the main pool once or twice, also used the basketball and tennis courts near Hospitality house, kids wished that those were a little closer.
We took the boat to DS a couple times. Nice little ride. We did hear the boats go by our villa and honk but again didn’t bother us much.
Buses went directly to each park after stopping at Hospitality house so we found it to be most efficient to take those. We did have van for 1/2 the trip but only used it to go to church and Blizzard beach.
Didn’t try Olivia’s restaurant as we had gotten snacks and quick meals from Garden grocer, so if we were at resort, we generally just ate in our villa.
Would definitely stay there again!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I shied away from OKW because of the distance from the parks and not having a car…glad to hear transportation wasn’t an issue! Definitely something to think about for next time! So happy you all had a great time!!

Thank you! I was thinking about a stay at OKW!