Fantasmic! late arrival

So I’m fine-tuning my TPs and I cant seem to manage a bigger cushion for my arrival to Fantasmic. My TP has me arriving just a few minutes before the show starts. I will have VIP dining package.

1. Will I be too late to be seated in VIP area?
  2. Anyone have experience showing up at the last minute? What should I expect?

The alternative is to cut out ToT, which I’m planning to do right before Fantasmic, but I really don’t want to do that. The rest of the day is in Batuu and TSL, and I don’t want to zig zag across the park just for ToT.

The VIP area usually gets opened up to the public about 10 minutes before the show starts.

The worst case scenario would be you don’t get in at all.

3 Likes

You would skip ToT in favor of Fantasmic?! Me, never! :smiley:

3 Likes

What will the kids prefer? It sounds like you might have to consider dropping something. You can decide that day!

1 Like

Well we haven’t seen Fantasmic yet. The boys haven’t been on TOT either. And they’re excited about it. I’m so torn…

1 Like

I might move TOT to our departure day. We will be doing the lightning McQueen academy and beauty and the beast show, so might be able to squeeze it in

1 Like

This is the info I needed thank you!

1 Like

If I remember right, your kids are fairly young? Mine are 7 and 12 and while ToT wasn’t a rough ride for them, they were both terrified by the theme.

1 Like

Yes 5 and 3. DS5 is the one excited about it. I haven’t talked a lot about it with DS3 but he’s the daredevil. I’m sure it will scare the Pooh out of them, but that’s the point right. It will be fun, I wouldn’t encourage them to go if I didn’t think it was a good idea. But it’s not worth missing Fantasmic which I’m sure we will all enjoy (DW hates ToT and would wait outside with DD1).

Oh, so I think DW could go ahead and get your seats claimed in the Fantasmic VIP seating area?

1 Like

Yes I thought about this too. Depends on if she’s willing to “defend” some extra seats for 15 minutes until we join her

1 Like

We took DD3 on TOT in November and she did great! Probably totally dependent on the kid, though, because we saw a 5-6 year old chicken out right before getting on.

We always seem to get through our TPs quicker than expected so hopefully that’ll be the case for you and it won’t be an issue!

2 Likes