Fantasmic dining package worth it in Feb?

Hello! I’m new here, and getting ready to go to WDW for the first time in 20 years (!) with my husband, little girls, and some of my in-laws (our trip is in about a month). I booked the Fantasmic dining package for a Sunday at 1:20 (late lunch) at Mama Melrose. My intention was to avoid a long wait for Fantasmic because I have an 8-year-old and an almost 3-year-old. There is one show that night at 7. Do you think I should keep the reservation, or will it be uncrowded enough at that time of the year that it won’t be necessary? I’m just wondering if it’ll cut into our touring time too much. (We have the quick service dining plan, so we’re paying extra for this meal. Not a big deal - I’m more concerned about the time than the money.) Any advice would be appreciated!

It’s hard to say. Sometimes it’s worth it when it’s busier. I can tell you that we did the package in December and a good chunk of the two end sections were empty even after the standby was all seated so we really didn’t need it. I don’t really think there is a bad seat to watch it from, but there were also two shows that night which could have affected it. We also did lunch at MM and found the meal to be acceptable if not stellar.

1 Like

Welcome! I would keep it. Even during the slowest days at Hollywood Studios, Fantasmic is very popular and crowded if there is only 1 show. We have done the Mama Melrose meal and it is very good, make sure you go hungry as it is a lot of food (app, entrée, and shared dessert platter). Then you can walk in to F! just 10 minutes before the show and have great seats. Well worth it to us! We eat mostly TS meals and don’t find that it cuts into touring much at all. At QS, by the time you stand in line to order, try to find somewhere to sit, and eat you have spent 30-40 minutes. TS usually take us 1 hour and it is a nice break to sit down in the A/C for a bit.

2 Likes

My horror story is that we went one night after it rained the previous night canceling that show and the day before didn’t have a show, so even on a crowd level 1 day, we were held waiting up until just before the show while all the dinner package, fpp holders were seated, and the place was full with standing room only. Yeah, September heat and humidity made that wait with a 2 year old not fun since we arrived 30 min before show time and just stood waiting to get in.

3 nights later, the theatre was half empty.

Wish I Had a dining package the first night, it wouldn’t have mattered the second

1 Like

Keep it! The crowds have been heave river than expected recently and this way you know you will be able to relax and enjoy the experience!

1 Like

Yes, that pesky Florida weather messes up many of the nighttime shows. If they could just build a huge bubble around the World, nothing would ever get cancelled due to weather! And they could reduce the humidity and keep it a lovely 75 degrees year round. If only they would build it…

2 Likes