Fantasmic dessert party - September 2019?!?

Anyone have a guess as to if they’ll still be offering the Fantasmic Dessert Party in September 2019?

I was able to book the HEA party for Sept with no issues. However, there are currently no dates listed starting beyond July 31st for the Fantasmic party. We’ll be there 8 days after SWGE opens, and I wanted to try and get reserved seating for the show, but I’m not really interested in the Fantasmic dining package :cry:

1 Like

Don’t know the answer but I just thought I’d tell you we did the Fantasmic dessert thing in November and after experiencing Fantasmic with a Fastpass, this was so much better. I would do the dessert thing again 100%.

1 Like

I did it in February and I don’t think my date opened until January. I agree, I had a great experience.

1 Like

Could you explain a bit? In the past, we did Hollywood & Vine dinner package, this time around have fastpass planned instead. How does the dessert party work? Thanks!

It is the same viewing area as the dining package.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dessert-vip-viewing/

Edited to add: my pictures from the dessert party are around post 66 of my report

1 Like

@PrincipalTinker did a great job answering you but just to add my perspective, we thought the dining package was not good enough value and our family doesn’t like to ‘‘waste’’ time on longer meals when at Disney (we stick to quick service and snacks as much as possible).

While I wouldn’t necessarily call the dessert thing cheap or good value, it was perfect for us. First, it shouldn’t be called a ‘‘party’’…it’s a box !! But for us there was enough in the box for it to be our entire supper. So you get your box, you get awesome seats and you eat right there during the 30 minutes prior to the show (minimal waste of time). Compared to that, when we went to Fantasmic with Fastpasses, we had to get there a lot earlier and we had really crappy seats (although I think YMMV on this and you might get a better outcome than we had).

Also very important to us, we think a Fantasmic FP+ is a huge waste since you have to keep it all day and so you can’t get any additional day-of fastpasses. Our last trip, we add several additional day-of FP+ for both ToT and RnRC which we did multiple times on both days we were at HS.

1 Like

One last point! They give you your boxes in a big bag. If you don’t eat everything they can easily be saved for later!

2 Likes

Yeah and also you get a drink (with alcohol if you want) in a ‘‘fancy’’ plastic cup with light effects !!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Lots to think about here – thank you! I hear you about that late FP+ being a waste, but we have EMM that morning, so I thought we might be good with rides after having done that. The H&V dinner truly wasn’t anything special, so we don’t feel a need to re-do. Looking for a way to sidestep the masses, so dessert box or FP+ seemed like the only options. Appreciate your input!

1 Like