Fantasmic after park close

Hi guys, bit of a noob making personalized TPs so bear with me if this is a dumb question…

I’m creating a plan for DHS on 28-May, and the TP software lists the first (and only) showing of Fantasmic at 9pm, which is 30 minutes after the listed park close of 8:30pm. As a result it won’t let me optimize or evaluate my plan since it ostensibly contains an error.

In the end I suppose I just leave it off the plan for now which won’t be a big deal as it won’t affect the rest of my plan, but I was wondering if anyone else had run into this sort of thing before.

Thanks,
Jim

Makes sense to me that would be the behavior of the TP, and I’d agree just leaving it off is best. However, if you want to be sure the updated TP doesn’t have you riding something right at close (and in turn missing the post-close Fantasmic), I’d put a break in at the end of the night, maybe a 30-minute one at 8, or a 15-minute one at 8:15.

Edited to add: is HS closing for some special event that night? I see that’s the only night that whole week it closes that early.

Yes Jim because the app knows the hours of operation

Wow, good eye, didn’t notice the closing time difference before, mainly because I think they’ve changed. Looks like they might have extended the hours for the neighboring nights, from notes I made a month or two ago the park was closing at 8:30 on the 27th, 29th and 31st too. Pure speculation, but I’m wondering if Disney extended the park hours for the other days based on projected crowd levels but left it earlier on the 28th given that crowds are predicted to be a 4.

So I guess generally that’s typical behavior, where the park closes a half hour prior to Fantasmic? Presumably that gives guests time to finish their last ride and filter over to the theater?

I don’t have an answer for you, but actually came to the forums today to ask the same question (different date though!) TP (and WDW site) shows F! at 9:00, but park closing at 8:30, so I can’t optimize

I just sent an email to the webmaster. It’s a bug, because it was perfectly fine with me having Fantasmic at the 9 PM slot (30 minutes after close) a week ago. Makes little sense not to be able to include that in your itinerary.

Thanks schm0, I’m sure they’ll get to the bottom of it. I wouldn’t expect it to negatively effect my plan by just omitting Fantasmic since it’s after park hours, I suppose the only undesired effect would be the last attraction on the plan possibly being Muppetvision or Frozen Sing a long leaving a long walk across the whole park.