"Family versus The Beasts" Trip Report (08/02/20 - 08/15/20)

Good morning! Heading to AK soon…but wanted to show a picture of the other mask I have when I don’t feel comfortable relying on the muslin one you see me with in the photos this far. My wife sewed this one for me. Made of bamboo and cotton. Two layers.

11 Likes

It takes a month or more of data collection before the algorithms can accurately pick up a pattern and make more accurate predictions.
So all you Liners visiting the parks need to submit wait times to speed it along!! :wink:

5 Likes

And also? After seeing multiple reliable sources say the parks were fully booked yesterday and then suddenly availability was there, I’m wondering if they tried increasing capacity yesterday. If so, FAIL imo.

2 Likes

That’s a good thought.

2 Likes

For @OBNurseNH

12 Likes

STRONG like.

Get in there already!

Get to the sacred space!

3 Likes

12 Likes

Did you get some from Haunted M.? We have not yet.

Now that’s a nice wait time!

1 Like

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!!!

4 Likes

Yaaaay! I hope today goes smoother than yesterday.

I’m sorry your trip has been a little frustrating up to this point. I hope you have a great day today at AK and hope the crowds begin to thin out tomorrow after the weekend is over!

5 Likes

That would make a lot of sense. I wonder how much more they will increase capacity without bringing FP back in some capacity. Or introducing VQs or something. The lines they experienced yesterday would’ve made me frustrated.

2 Likes

We live here, and Friday at HS was bruttal. The masks dont make it any better. We had 3 reservations 11,1:30, 5:30, trying to get out of the sun, and get the masks off.

Same! Combined with the heat!

On Friday it was just the heat that was aweful for us. Since we live in the area we just left and ended the day w/ a swim… that’s how all park days should end, in the pool; right?!

that’s what made dealing w/ the heat worse, but the lines moved pretty fast… the illusion of length w/ 6ft. spacing :wink:

2 Likes

KS and GF done…in line for EE.

18 Likes

So far, AK is a dream as far as crowds compared to MK. Very humid though, so sweat is our new closest friend!

15 Likes

:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Looks like you had a great safari!

Following you has me down the rabbit hole of actual safaris in Africa which I plan to do in 4 years for my 50th. Can I wait that long…?

6 Likes