Family Touring Plan with almost 3 year olds

We may give it a go and just cover eyes if they get scared. I think they will like 90% of it. It looks really cool and I think they will be mesmerized by all the glowing stuff.

1 Like

We are only doing one, on our last day for this same reason

#1 As other have said, absolutely use FPP. doesn’t matter if is is not the headlines, it will save you time. Given you plan to RD and may or not come back after your break, I would use them early in the day (especially at MK) and pick up additional FPP’s as you go. Given you won’t be doing all the headliners, you may find you can spend most of the day in FPP lines which will be nice with the little ones.
Suggestions:
MK: Peter pan, Tales with belle, Both Fairytale hall M&G, Mickey M&G (these 5 will all save you time). 2nd Tiers worth as additional FPP’s: Buzz, Pooh, Haunted Mansion (our 3 yr old liked it, guess it would depend on kids), Under the sea, ariel M&G, Tinker M&G.
*As you can see, at MK, there are A LOT of options even if your not doing the headliners.
Epcot: Frozen, Character Spot, Turtle talk with Crush, Spaceship Earth - I felt this was difficult with little ones to fill in the FPP’s for…
HS’s: TSM, AS’s, fantasmic, any of the shows that they are interested in
AK: Navi, Safari, Lion King, Mickey/Minne M&G

#2 We are rope droppers, even when we had the little ones. We told them upfront, mid day naps are non-debatable. We took one each day except HS’s (show schedule was difficult to plan around, went the stroller route). The breaks were nice for us adults as well. hauling kids and strollers around the parks and on and off buses takes it out of you. With the breaks, we did enjoy going back to the parks in the evening.

#3 My advice here is don’t add to your stress level. Even if they are working on it outside of the world, schedules will be out of wack and pull ups will be a great idea. Good luck, either way. There is no wrong decision here, there is ONLY your decision.

1 Like

Yes do. I was really impressed and DD4 too (except for the shaman) and we are doing again on our next trip rather than FOP. #noregrets

1 Like

Sometimes you can second guess your decisions though. A few years back when I was at the MK with DS4, we had just finished the FP line for Peter Pan and jumped into our seats when I was informed “I gotta go!” as the belt went on. Might have been 3 seconds left when I could have jumped off the ride but DW and DS2 were already past the point of no return. I said “tough!”. He was uncomfortable, but he was being a stoic little trooper on the ride. I kept reassuring him. 2 minutes to go. 1 minute to go. just 30 seconds more. Of course that’s when PP went code 101. He had to hold it for another 5 minutes in the dark. “I gotta go!” Tears were forming. We bolted past DW at the exit, turned right instead of left, and had to go past Pinocchio’s to get to the next restroom. Everything worked out fine though. No accident. 5 years later and he doesn’t even remember. I wonder if he would remember if he hadn’t been able to hold it?

:raised_hands: This is such great advice in general not just potty training. There is so much different and overwhelming and magical at WDW… for adults let alone small kids. The only people you are accountable to is each other as a family. Do what is easiest and best for you.

1 Like

My kids did fine. It’s no worse than Ursula in UTS or the shark in Nemo where my kids did fine. The lights are cool. POC is way scarier.

1 Like

My first trip to Disney was with a newly potty trained 2 year old. I packed extra clothes for him and zip lock bags for wet clothes in case of accidents. We would stop at the potty and tell him he had to try each time we stopped. Luckily we did not have any accidents. It went well.

3 Likes

This situation is my fear. My youngest will be 2.5 when we go. She’s been potty trained for months, but her bladder is tiny and she can’t hold it long. I plan to just put her in pull ups on the plane and at the parks. We’ll have a stroller anyway so it’s no big deal to pack a couple of extra pull ups. I don’t anticipate any issues as she will have been potty trained for the better part of a year by then, but I’d rather just throw away a pull up than deal with pee soaked clothes.

However, if I was going in two months and my kids were not potty trained yet, I’m not sure I’d try. I would use the above strategy at the parks, and I’d be afraid it would confuse the kiddos when you told them just to go in their diaper again.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions!

Wow! Hadn’t thought of the mid-ride scenario! Thank you for sharing!

You are right, I guess the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. I hadn’t thought about it, but I’m sure i would have a whole different set of concerns if they were potty trained!

1 Like

This was my fear even with my well trained 4yo. We had mandatory potty breaks but I have never seen some try to go and not have anything come out only to have to 20 minutes later. Fortunately everything was fine on our trip.

2 Likes

We just got back from taking my DD3. I have DS10 and DS8, so we did all the big rides with rider swap. We just let my daughter nap in her stroller, but that is only because we had older kids.

I totally get the potty training debate. We decided to wait until we got back from our trip to start potty training, and I think it was the right decision. We started today actually.

I would definitely get a FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle. My kids loved it, and having a fastpass definitely saved time. Peter Pan also always had a long line after the first hour in the park.

My DS3 definitely LOVED the meet and greets, character dinners, and the Disney Jr. Dance Party was probably her favorite. We did not need a fast pass for the Dance Party. The parade was also a huge hit.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

After much discussion, I think we have decided to wait until we get back as well.

1 Like

Your plan sounds great. We took our family last year for the first time and we only used rider swap once as we wanted to stay together as well. Our triplets just turned 4 when we went last year and our youngest turned 2 a few days after our trip.

#1 Definitely use FPP! There are several rides like TSMM, PPF, FEA, and NRJ (amongst others) that they would probably enjoy and a FPP would definitely be useful. If you think they may like character meets then do some of those as well. Mickey M&G is pretty popular so that would save time.

#2 Just be flexible here. Put your must do rides and attractions in the morning to make sure you hit those and if you make it back in the evening for a few hours then that is a bonus. We did mornings, break for lunch and nap, then back around 4ish for a few more hours. That worked out great for us, but we had short nights and were back in the room by 8 in the evening. This was before EEMH though so we will adjust a little this fall with the addition of that. I’m thinking we will start our lunch break a tad earlier and basically just slide everything. The best advice is just be flexible and you will figure out what is best for you family.

#3 No judgment at all! Potty training is so tough on everyone especially with multiples! I was super stressed when it was time to train the triplets because we had a 1 year old running around too. By the time we went last year the trio had been potty trained for 9 months. I was worried about bedtime and them possibly being so dog tired that they pee all over the bed. They didn’t have a problem at home and they didn’t have a problem at WDW either. They woke and went if they needed to. This year we are in the same boat as you. Our 2 year old will turn 3 around the time we go and she has been adamant that she wants to be a big girl and keeps ripping her diaper off and putting on panties. You can’t stop them or hold them back if they are ready as I have learned, but she does have 3 older siblings that she is watching and learning from. If you can avoid it I would wait until you get back to potty train. It will put less stress on you and them. If they are adamant then I would try to talk them into pull ups while you are there just to be safe. Of course it won’t be the end of the world if there are accidents. Take extra clothes and ziplocks to put wet things into for accidents. I’m sure Disney sees their fair share, but it will just be more work on you. If you are going in the hotter months which I assume from the EEMH you mentioned then everyone will need to stay hydrated even more and that means more potty breaks.

Good luck! I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Our twins too! Definitely approach them as individuals. Ours potty trained almost a year a part and we needed very different approaches with each. Maybe yours will be ready at similar times but that was not our experience.

1 Like