Family of rope droppers ready for some MAGIC! July 2021 trip report

LOVE your tshirts!!!

My first thought was ooofff that’s mid-pack? :laughing: Then I thought it’s really all a matter of perspective. When in the pack, there’s really no way to know how big the pack is, (unless you hold your phone up in the air and take a picture). While it was briefly great for some people that visited last summer - mid spring when there were no crowds, I’m glad to see so many people enjoying Disney again.

6 Likes

Loving your TR! Love those shirts! Yay for low BG!

3 Likes

Great job on that BG! Can’t wait to hear all about it.

1 Like

`⚠️Review: Day 1 Morning @ DHS
I am excited to tell you that, yes the magic still lives at WDW! And yes it still pays off to be a liner and have a good touring plan. We had an amazing and productive time. The plan is to take a mid-day break and be back for park close.

7:48 am - Swan-BW bridge to walk to HS
8:05 am: entered DHS lined up to ride SDD (see previous posts)
8:30: Start to walk SDD - ~ 15 min slow walk until we reached the actual queue at 8:46 and had to stop to wait
8:53am we are about to get to SDD
:trophy: Ride # 1 SDD: wait = 12 min
9:01: we are headed to TSM
:trophy: Ride #2 TSM: wait = <5 min line continuously moved slowly for 15 min until we got to the ride
9:31 am we are in line for AS
:trophy: Ride#3 AS: 9 min wait

9:45 am => Breakfast - MO at Woody Lunchbox

10:30 am we entered RotR queue
:trophy:Ride #4 RotR: line continuously moved for 8 min until we reached the first pre show
11:03 am: Left RotR

11:06am => pick up our MO Milk Stand

11:20 am
:trophy:Ride” #5: Muppet: ~ 5 min wait till the next show

11:45-11:50 am short break & Cavalcade
11:59 am: Out of the park to get the boat to Swan/Dolphin
12:02: Inside the boat
12:05: we are in the Dolphin lobby

I am ready to power walk, but the crowd is walking slowly. Fine with me!

Oh Woody… it’s so good to see you (Why am I so emotional right now?)

This guy, this guy is singing “You have got a friend in me, you’ve got a friend in me…”

Hey Slinky, @TheSafetyLady says hi!
We are so close to get on our first ride this trip.

Off to TSM, we hadn’t done it since 2018. They enjoyed it much more now.

And if you wonder how does it feel like to be a toy…

AS is Gaby’s (DD8) favorite ride. She wanted to ride alone with her big sister, so this is now AS date for me and DH. Win-win!

And now ladies and gentlemen, RotR (No spoilers)!

We showed up 1:30 past the time our BG was called, apparently. I actually never got a notification, but checked the status at 9:40 and we had already been called (um, what did I expect, we were BG 5! We were probably called right at 9, lol)

Seeing this was terrifying, but it was no problem.

Experiencing RotR and …oh no… I’m getting emotional (again), it feels like I’m floating in a dream. The ride is so incredibly wonderful. I’m not a Star Wars fan, but I made sure to watch episodes 4, 7, and 8 (as suggested by someone here -, I can’t remember who) and thank you, because that made a huge difference. I had planned to not try a BG again for the sake of being a good citizen and letting others experience it, but, we all want so badly to go again… Can I be a bad citizen this one time?

Blue milk beats green milk, but I thought both were actually tasty and refreshing. DD11 to me: “Mom, I don’t think there is any milk in this” lol

Muppets show: the perfect attraction for noonish time when the sun, heat and humidity are getting to unbearable levels. DH fell asleep, I was the whole time trying to remember if I had seen it before in 2005 or not (still not sure), and the kids (especially DD8) had a blast.

Go away temptation… no, no, keep walking, we are not buying DVC :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Right when we were about to walk out…. Surprise cavalcade! All the TS character and Sulley!! Oh my heart :heart: . I dressed up as Sulley for Halloween once, DD8 was only 4 then, but she says she still remembers

We are leaving now… whoa, and it’s HOT! We had to run to get to the boat that was about to leave, but it’s worth it to not be waiting in the heat.

I had planned to get to Epcot for Via Napoli ADR at 1:45 pm, which thankfully I was able to modify to a later date and cancel (thanks to the liner family for the trick). Now, to book this ADR was silly. For one, we wouldn’t be able to hop until 2pm, and we weren’t hungry (how long does it take for an average human to be hungry after a meal? I need to better calculate time in between ADRs)

Time to go back to the hotel for a break. We are exhausted (but happy)!
See you all later for park close and Oga’s.

26 Likes

I love the format of your trip report! Sounds like an awesome morning at HS!

6 Likes

You are right… I looked back and couldn’t see the end of it, so I assumed I was in the middle, but who knows.

3 Likes

Sounds like the perfect morning plan! Excited to see what you get done in the evening.

2 Likes

That SDD CM looks grumpy! He’s in the wrong park :joy:

1 Like

Great shirts!!!

2 Likes

I had not noticed that, ha ha :joy:

1 Like

Ditto! Fun and easy to follow along with all the emojis. :smiley: I love the pic with the girls holding the milk like “WTF is this?” :rofl:

10 Likes

I know! I only noticed their faces later.
100% not staged

3 Likes

Love your report! thanks so much for all the detailed timelines! Super helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m loving your report and just caught up! So glad that you are all having such a great time! I hope you like the Dolphin as much as we did (I still need to finish my report!) One thing I forgot on our MK day is that the Swan/Dolphin bus only goes to TTC doh! I knew it but must have had brain fog. It ended up being ok but not great for RD plan.

2 Likes

Also the friendship boats were so killer for our sore feet!

1 Like

So true…

2 Likes

We rested in in the room for some time, then went to the pool. It was a beautiful sunny day!

Late lunch at the Fountain: really good sweet potato fries, we liked our burgers, and also had ice cream and milkshake. Overall the experience reminded me of B&C (though there is no kitchen sink)

After the Fountain, we headed back to DHS.

:warning:Review: Day 1 Evening @ DHS.

5:37 pm: We left the Dolphin for our 6:10 Oga’s ADR.
6:13 pm: arrived at Oga’s

:no_entry: Minor mishap: I’ll come back to this later with more details, but we had to wait 45 min to get inside Oga’s !!! This was the longest we waited for anything all day!!

7:30 pm: left Oga’s, with time for only one more ride.
We chose MMRR

7:37pm: in line for MMRR, posted wait 35 min / actual wait 25 min - the line moved quickly, so it was not too painful.
8:11: left MMRR to do some shopping and then we took the friendship boat back
9:07: back to the Dolphin. I let the family go back to the room and went to the Boardwalk to familiarize with where the buses are for our RD to AK tomorrow.

At that point I could barely walk. I work sitting in an office, and on my most active days I hit 2,000 steps. Sometime in the afternoon DH said we were at 27,000 steps. We are all really exhausted. I’m highly motivated to RD every day for 4 days, but we will see, and yes thank goodness for the friendship boat!

—————————

Very pleasant walk to DHS early evening

———————
Oga’s Cantina:
We finally got a table and had our drinks. I had the Outer rim (super sweet, but I liked it overall), DD11 got the blue milk one (Bantha something, can’t remember), DD8 got the bubbly one, and she loved it (can’t remember the names, too tired to look up now), and DH just got a regular beer, believe it or not. We shared a table with another group, which was initially awkward but they were very nice people. We had a good time.

j
———————
MMRR was a lovely ride. I wasn’t expecting much of it, so I was pleasantly surprised. I am glad we got to experience it with the pre show. Kids loved it!

—————
Pretty empty park about 30min after park close

g

31 Likes

Thanks for reporting! Glad you had a successful day, what a great family photo at dusk :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@LTinNC82 If I remember correctly, your trip is coming up soon. If you have an Oga’s ressie you can check in 10 min prior to your scheduled time on the app. When you check in, make sure you confirm it went through successfully (don’t do what I did :unamused:)

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like