Family of rope droppers ready for some MAGIC! July 2021 trip report

After lunch, we wanted to explore the resort and go to the pool. It stopped raining (yes! It’s out chance!), though it stayed cloudy and hot.

Swan vs Dolphin - Round I: hotel lobby

Dolphin…

!

….Swan

a

Dolphin :dolphin: 1 : Swan :swan: 0

Round II: Pools

Swan:

We had to stop to play chess for a little bit. Love it

Dolphin:
The grotto pool is fantastic!

Some of the smaller pools were closed

(To be continued… need to see more)

22 Likes

OK I already like your format.

3 Likes

I like Swan > Dolphin for lobby (from your posts, anyway), but Dolphin > Swan for pools

5 Likes

Really….? Did I mess this up? The Dolphin lobby is gorgeous.

3 Likes

I am looking back at the pictures… I don’t think they reflect sizes and proportions very well. The lobby at the Swan is tiny!

1 Like

The Dolphin is too busy for my liking

I prefer the cleaner lines of the Swan

3 Likes

Good point!

So pretty!!! I did Hotwire for a hotel at the end of my stay, and I knew from JJT’s spreadsheet that it might be the Dolphin or one of the DS hotels, and I was hoping it would be the Dolphin. Just so pretty!!!

(It wasn’t. It was the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, and it’s pretty, too, but not in the same way. I’ll be there toward the end of September, so I’ll post about it then.)

3 Likes

I guess aesthetics are subjective, I loved the Dolphin lobby photos and thought the Swan was meh

2 Likes

When I first saw this, I thought she was a big fan of clownfish and wanted “A nemo!! Kingdom:smile:

10 Likes

Hahah, that’s funny. It did remind me of Nemo trying to say “anemone”

4 Likes

Note to self: when you have a reservation at a signature restaurant at 7:30pm, maybe you shouldn’t have a huge lunch at ~3pm. We showed up for our reservation at Bluezoo and…. None of us were hungry at all. What to do? More on this story later… it’s late and I need to be rested for my 7am hunger games tomorrow.

Pictures of our evening

Bluezoo

Followed by Arcade games

Btw: it hasn’t rained since our welcome-to-Orlando storm and the weather forecast has 2-5% chance of rain tomorrow all day (could this be right? :crossed_fingers: :pray:)

24 Likes

Good morning, liners!

It’s 6:27 am. I see “No precipitation” for the next 4 hours, which means we are good to go for our rope drop schedule. Slinky, I’m coming for you!

20 Likes

Please tell Slinky hi for me. Have a great day and may the odds be in your favor. :smiley:

7 Likes

Yesssss!!! We got group 5!!! DD11 did!! She was faster than me!!!

There is a whole saga that goes with getting her to do this (more later)

Thank you @bebe80!!!

36 Likes

Wow, single digit, great job! Enjoy! :grin:

5 Likes

Impressive boarding group! It’s such a rush to get it :joy: We’ve considered staying at Dolphin so enjoying your review. Have a great day at HS!

4 Likes

whoot whoot!! Way to go on the BG! Have a great time!

3 Likes

Arrived at 8:05… a bit later that what I had hoped but it’s more than ok!!! We are mid pack to SDD! It’s 8:28 and still waiting

25 Likes

AIR HOCKEY!!!

I am so bad at air hockey. But I love it so much. Thank you for sharing picture of air hockey! I kinda forgot arcade games exist at WDW. What a fun time!

2 Likes