Family of 5 options

This is kind of a thing. We almost always wind up eating at our resort more than we planned. Much better to have more choices.

3 Likes

People need to be aware that Disney will not guarantee connecting rooms. The chances are they will be able to grant the request but there are occasions when they canā€™t.

3 Likes

We are a family of 5 and recently had a split stay at the cabins of ft wilderness and CBR. Although my husband and I felt more cramped, the kids absolutely LOVED CBR. If I had known how much they loved it, we would have stayed there more nights because it is half the cost. They really loved the pools and the resort activities, and that we were so close to the skyliner. The cast members that we encountered there were extraordinarily nice and helpful. The kids are begging me to stay there again. The cabins were more expensive but I loved them. They had unique activities to do on a ā€œrestā€ day, and the sense of community there was pretty homey. The cost is kind of prohibitive, unless the alternative is a family suite or two connected rooms.

Art of animation is more expensive than the cabins, but with fewer amenities (no kitchen for example) so I couldnā€™t justify that cost for us. But the rooms themselves look really cool. Being a family of five really is a pain. All of the packages and rooms are meant for families of four, and as much as it seems like itā€™s as easy as adding a +1, it is never so simple!

2 Likes

I feel like I should add a disclaimer that my kids are pirates obsessed. Although the fifth sleeper rooms are not the pirate rooms, there was so much pirate theming all over the resort including the pool (why thy loved it so much!) so this might be why they liked the resort so much better

2 Likes

No DME starting in 2022, so remove that out of your equation

3 Likes

Family of 5 here and we have done both CBR and POR. I liked them both but I think my kids liked CBR better. They liked the pool better (2 slides) and there was a splash play area for littles. At POR you had to go over to french quarter for a splash area. I liked the access to the skyliner at CBR and access to Riviera are also nice. I preferred the food at POR though the quick service menu at CBR is good but limited. I guess it really depends on your needs.

1 Like

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Iā€™m sure we can not go wrong with either option but at this point I think Iā€™m leaning towards CBR but have some more research to do for sure!

Helpful article. Thought Iā€™d share here

2 Likes

I did not see it mentioned above, by All Star Music has family suites as well.

1 Like

they do? Thatā€™s good to know!

Yes. They sleep 6.

1 Like

It is in the article after Art of Animation.

I didnā€™t see CBR thoughā€¦

I didnā€™t go back and read the whole article, just the posted comments. Trying to share helpful info :woman_shrugging:t2:

Also had no idea this was such an old post.

I understand I just read your comment after I had read the article so I scrolled back up because I thought I had just read it. I have a family of 5 so any options that donā€™t cost us a fortune I am looking into.

OP is only visiting March 2022, so this canā€™t hurt :man_shrugging:

1 Like