Family Magic Tour - any new updates?

You are getting so close to your trip!! It will be my and my DD8 doing it and she is so excited when i told her it was a scavenger hunt. Can’t wait to hear your review!

10 days till we head down!!!

I have it booked for my daughter (age 7) and I for June 10th. I’ll report back my thoughts once we do it.

Excellent, thanks so much!

We did it last week - We really liked it - super cute. My boys are 8 & 6 - and lucky for us were the only ones doing it that day, so a completely personal “tour”. If you want details, I can share our experience, but I don’t want to “spoil” if you don’t want to know ahead of time. It was exactly 2 hours long. There were at least 8 clues and some including riding a ride (2 rides). Our tour guide was excellent with both kids and adults, funny & fun. I would highly recommend it. only negative is the timing - 10-12 - is prime ride time.

1 Like

Did you meet Mickey and Minnie at the end of the tour?

Yes, we met Mickey & Mickey, some of the best pictures from our trip.

I highly recommend it. (Just wish the time of day was different).

How was or is your trip going? @jmc439

Wanted to update everyone on our experience with the tour. My DD7 (turns 8 in a few weeks) really enjoyed it. She is outgoing and makes friends easily so she liked running around with the other kids in what would normally only be time spent with just dad and I. There were about 5 different families on our tour, but about 10 kids in total. 1 of those were only about 2 or so and was part of a much larger family with older siblings. The remaining kids appeared to be mostly 6-9 and there was 1 that looked about be about 10-12. All of the children seemed to enjoy it. There was one kid that seemed to answer all the questions and find all of the things, but the guide did a great job of making sure everyone got a turn. It is fast paced, but I didn’t feel it was an extreme amount of walking by any means. I do feel it was a nice addition to our quick trip that consisted of only 2 full days at MK. We have been several times so I wanted to try something new and DD is way too young for the other tours (such as keys to the kingdom). It is very kid focused so the parents mostly just stand around, chuckle at some of the jokes from the guide, and beg their children to drink water, but the kids seem to like it. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for a first time visitor, but if you have 2 full days in MK and have visited several times, then it makes a nice addition.

We had a PPO BOG breakfast so we rode 7DMT twice before the 9am opening, then headed to astro orbiter (I know - my DD begs every trip and I say no, but this time I promised), then buzz, then rode the main street vehicles back to the front of the park for check in with plenty of time to spare. Doing all of this before the tour made it feel a lot less like we were wasting prime touring time. Our tour didn’t finish up until around 12:15 so we ate lunch then used our 3 FPs in the afternoon.

SPOILER info: We did NOT meet Peter Pan. I have no idea why. When we got to the place where I thought it would be I kept waiting, but no one came out. We did ride under the sea and meet Mickey and Minnie on main street at the end though.

I wouldn’t do this tour for only the meet and greet(s) or ride(s). They are certainly a nice addition (especially for the adults who just stand around most of the time), but they don’t define the tour by any means in my view. The tour is fun on its own though, but would be too long in my opinion without the surprise additions of a ride or meet and greet here and there.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the review! That is really a bummer that you didn’t meet Peter Pan. I have seen different youtube videos and the ones I saw had different themed scavenger hunts. Do you remember what your theme was?
I was hoping it would end by noon, so I am glad you mentioned it not ending until 12:15. I was just able to move my ADR at CP to 12:20. We have a full day (or until we get hot and tired) and another afternoon/evening, plus our last morning at MK so I think we are going to do it. DD doesn’t ride the big rides like Space or Splash so it’s a little easier to fit this in. We will be there in Sept during Extra Extra Magic Hours so hoping to get a lot done before the tour!

I can’t remember exactly what theme they went with. There was a CM in our group taking the tour as a “guest”. She said she had not lead the tour in a while, but would be doing it again soon and needed a refresher. I asked her how it worked and she said it was all up to the guide. She said the items you find and the clues attached are always the same, but the story that goes along with it is completely up to the guide which is why they are all a little unique. The also have the ability to pick which ride(s) to go on that fit their story line.

1 Like

And yes, good idea to move the ADR to 12:20. I think it depends on how long you have to wait for Mickey and Minnie as that was a big time suck. We went in the back way, but had to wait about 5-10 minutes before letting us in. From there it would just depend on how many people were in your group. Ours seemed pretty large compared to some of the other reviews I had read so it took longer for everyone to finish meeting with Mickey and Minnie.

1 Like

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I’m curious: Do you only pay for the people participating (i.e. the kids), or do you have to pay for your whole family?

No worries at all! You have to pay for everyone. There may be something about someone under age 2 or so, but you do have to pay for all adults for sure.

Thanks. :slight_smile: