Facial Recognition Software being tested at MK

And I guess just to expand on the study - it makes some sense. The eyes are a “window” that droplets could enter the body. Covering them to prevent Covid droplets should lower the risk of contracting the disease. The problem is glasses fogging in combo with the mask.

Like you’re ever not actually Superman?

My eye doctor told me last summer that when I went back to in-person teaching I should wear my glasses rather than my contacts. I just thought she was being overly cautious, but this thread is reinforcing her suggestion.

1 Like

Fair.

2 Likes

The irony is I have been debating trying contacts for the first time as when wearing a mask, my glasses fog. Not sure I want to do Disney with fogging or glasses off…

Yeah I abandoned my contacts that I just got after 40+years of glasses when covid happened. Even though I of course washed my hands before placing/removing them, I was not keen on putting my fingers in my eyes during a pandemic with an unknown transmission methodology.

1 Like

I ended up double masking with a KN95 everyday in order to help stop the fog. It helped a lot.

1 Like

Hadn’t thought to try masking more - I guess it makes some sense.

So far my mask times are relatively limited so it’s not a huge deal - but something I need to solve for Disney realistically…

TBH, I don’t think I could manage a double mask in the heat. I hadn’t thought of that…hmmm

1 Like

The recommendation regarding the eyes is precautionary. That is to say, it is a THEORETICAL transmission point, but has not been confirmed.

I’m in no way suggesting that you shouldn’t protect your eyes. Only pointing out that there is little science one way or the other.

As far as glasses fogging up, I did buy some anti-fog spray, which has helped. I also make sure my mask has a well-fitted nose piece

3 Likes

This is the thing that makes the difference. In the masks I wear that don’t have one “built in” I use the adhesive ones I bought at The Paper Store and which someone else shared somewhere on this forum as seen on Amazon. That is the thing that matters.

2 Likes

Yup, but the approved KN95 masks are SOOOO uncomfortable imho. I bought 100 of them and I HATE them. My daughter hates them too. Told me she’d rather do virtual school than wear those all day again. I get it that the tightness keeps air in and out but they are tight. They make my cheeks puff out and my ears hurt. All day in the heat in WDW I just can’t. For the airplane, you betcha. I’m actually more terrified of the airport than the plane itself tbh. But I wear them there. Outdoors in a themepark I wouldn’t do it. Foggy glasses or no. The nose things do help with that a lot though.

At work (I’m an RN) we were issued safety glasses, in lieu of the face shield. It was a tremendous relief.
We aren’t really wearing either anymore; we still have masks.

I think the glasses thing is, in part, because we’re just less likely to touch or rub our eyes when we wear our glasses than if we’re wearing contacts. The physical deterrent aspect is one of the reasons I may have my niece wear gloves when we’re in the parks next month… she won’t bite her nails that way, so it will keep her fingers out of her mouth…

1 Like