Face Mask Question

I was looking in to the masks that the NCAA coach’s are wearing this week. I like that you can kind of see through them. I’ve seen signs that say mesh face masks are not allowed at Disney. These say they are not mesh but made of special purpose nano fiber fabric. Has anyone been to Disney and seen these types in the parks already? Do you think these would be allowed? I love the idea of being able to see my little ones smiles under there even if it’s just a little bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope. You won’t be allowed in with them.

There are several reports of these being refused.

3 Likes

These do not offer adequate protection from coronavirus. The size says down to 1 micron, which is on the order of 10 times larger than coronavirus.

1 Like

With the caveat that Disney’s rule goes, so I’m putting this out there for argument’s sake:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think any cloth masks actually stop virus. They stop droplets which potentially contain virus. So if this is sufficient to catch droplets, it’s probably in the neighborhood as effective as a cloth mask.

However, I would still go with a cloth mask myself (even in non-Disney locations).

1 Like

Yes, this is true. But a single layer of basic cotton fabric is more like .5 microns.

2 Likes

Thing is they’ve said no mesh.

Because on the face of it a mesh mask is useless. So anything that looks like mesh is going to be refused. CMs aren’t going to have time to inspect a mask to check. And then every CM throughout the park. Meanwhile other guests will be complaining about someone wearing mesh.

If it looks like a mesh mask then they’ll say no. And arguing about it is pointless and at worst will get you turned away.

5 Likes