Face coverings optional as of April 19th

Face coverings are now optional for all guests in all locations including transportation.

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experience-updates/#drawer-card-faceCoverings

Face coverings are optional for Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations, as well as Disney transportation. It is recommended Guests who are not fully vaccinated continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, including indoor attractions and theaters and on enclosed transportation.

10 Likes

I am so torn on this.

On the one hand yee haw. And we are all fully vaxxed and ready to go.

But on the other hand … well you know the other hand I guess.

I’ve already got masks packed and I’ll leave it that way. I’m pretty certain I’ll be wearing mine on the plane, though it will be nice not to feel like I’m breaking the law when I have something to eat or drink (just how I feel, not how anyone has made me feel)

14 Likes

We just had our first day with masks optional at school. Completely unrelated to the transportation thing. I am still wearing my mask and I was pleasantly surprised that probably about half of the students were still wearing them! We only have 28 working days until the school year is over ( and I’m done since retiring before the next school year) but who’s counting! :crazy_face:

13 Likes

I have the same countdown to my retirement from teaching as well! :blush:

11 Likes

Still planning on wearing them on the plane and MCO. Probably on buses too.

5 Likes

@eightyeightkeys COngrats on wrapping up your career!!! Are you a music teacher? I used to be a high school band director!

4 Likes

@mathhound Congratulations!

2 Likes

I’m actually a science teacher-lol! I have a degree in biology and a minor in piano. I accompany our school choirs. :blush:

5 Likes

Same here. And we will wear on Uber/Lyft as well. We leave to go on Sunday.

2 Likes

We are coming for a short trip in early May for the DVC Guardian preview and I’m also torn with this change. I’m planning on still having my kids mask for the plane and airport though, and I guess we’ll see how many others still are at that point.

1 Like

Well, I have a degree in music… and i once took biology. It’s like we are twins… :rofl:

7 Likes

I am a music teacher…and do NOT have any connection to science :joy: One of my best friends is an Engineering By Design teacher, though, does that count?

3 Likes

Lol! :blush:

Yes-that counts! :smile:

2 Likes

What area do you teach in? Instrumental? Choral? General? Other?

1 Like

I’m a math teacher but I played flute in band and orchestra during school up through college.

2 Likes

I teach 4th and 5th grade chorus, band and general :crazy_face: But I love doing all three, so it’s ok!

2 Likes

I teach math and science to my kids and I listen to music; it’s like we are all clones! :open_mouth:

3 Likes