F&G and Coronado Springs! A Live (ish) Solo Trip Report

I relate to this hippo on a deeply personal level. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

:rofl: She’s amazing, so you must be too!

5 Likes

Aww… :smile:

2 Likes

Breakfast of champions. :muscle:

(Opinion: Tasty, but way overpriced at $11 for the amount of food you get! This was Plan C… Plan A was a Mickey waffle at SH, Plan B was a cinnamon roll from Gaston’s, but both had ginormous waits in full sunlight at 10:30 am, unsurprisingly. Friar’s doesn’t open until 11 but I had a hunch they might open early… Hopped in line behind two other people at 10:40 and they started serving at 10:47, so the extra $$$ was worth skipping a long wait in the sun! Still haven’t gotten ahold of a Mickey waffle on this trip, though… MUST REMEDY!)

8 Likes

I love this ride! Pictures are still blowing my mind. I may just switch over to an android phone!

2 Likes

I’m in a rather long queue, so this is a good time to post this pic from yesterday. I literally stood admiring the tree for several minutes (this is from behind the tree, not the side you see when you enter the park). While I was there, the macaws flew in for the bird show! I don’t know if this is typical, but they flew in from Asia and passed behind the tree (the side I was on), so directly across my line of sight! If I hadn’t lingered so long, I would have missed this. One of my favorite moments from yesterday (which, if you know my love for AK, really is saying something).

13 Likes

Oh! I must add this to my Must Do! YUM!

1 Like

My day at MK has been all about hitting those pure Classic Disney rides that I would be sad to miss. I’m happy to say that I got in all of my must-dos, despite the long lines and my slow pace! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Not pictured: Winnie the Pooh first thing after arriving. I have yet to snap a pic on this ride that wasn’t blurry!)

17 Likes

I love those mosaic murals on the castle walkway!

3 Likes

Fabulous photos.

1 Like

Thanks to @galuchies_463555 for this great tip! I wasn’t sure how best to get from MK to DS today, and this option was simple, straightforward, and a really lovely walk!

6 Likes

:thinking:

11 Likes

I’m about to turn into a pumpkin, so I’ll keep this brief and let the pictures so the talking. I spent the afternoon so Disney Springs and did what one does at Disney Springs…ate and shopped! :laughing:

It was a beautiful morning, an even more beautiful evening (didn’t think that was possible!) AND I got to celebrate St Paddy’s a few days early with dinner at one of my all-time favorite restaurants. :shamrock::ireland::green_heart:

Walking through Saratoga Springs.

9 Likes

Raglan Road has the best bread.

Window shopping! Loving the spring vibes.

14 Likes

Ummm… Palm trees AND twinkle lights???
:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

G’night, Disney Springs!

13 Likes

LOOK YOU GUYS!!!

24 Likes

Way to go. I practiced this morning and bumped the button accidentally a few seconds early. Hadn’t missed once in a few weeks. Helps keep me humble! Amazing how there’s no room for error.

3 Likes

I was practicing at home before my trip with zero success, and also failed earlier this week on my first Hollywood Studios day at both the 7:00 a.m. and the 1:00 p.m. drops, so this is perfect timing for finally getting a boarding group! :laughing:

3 Likes

I had been using the tap-to-join-button-on-the-homepage method up until now, and I figured I may as well shake it up since that hadn’t worked for me so far. So this time I clicked the join button a couple minutes early and waited on the virtual queue page and started using the pull-down-to-refresh method about 10 seconds before 7:00 a.m. That last refresh was at 6:59:57 and got me in! :dancer:

5 Likes

I also made sure my VPN was turned off, which I think I might have forgotten to do on Wednesday morning.

1 Like