F&G and Coronado Springs! A Live (ish) Solo Trip Report

The elephant swim for sure

2 Likes

There they are! (zebra)

6 Likes

Some of these pictures from your trip can seriously be used for brochures or “happy posters”.
Hurry up and take my money WDW! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

10 Likes

One of my (many) dream jobs: Travel Photographer

One of my (many) runner-up dream jobs: Disney Parks Promo Material Photographer

6 Likes

That elephant photo!!:heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking more about this and should probably clarify something before I scare away those who are planning a trip right now:

My style of park touring is not very conducive to hitting every attraction in one day, even back in the days of FP. I love to stop and take in all the little details, take lots of pictures, and just stand and stare at the Tree of Life for 10 minutes straight. Plus I move slowly and require frequent breaks in the shade (I have an autoimmune disease and run out of steam very easily, plus I need to be careful how much direct sun I allow myself to be exposed to).

So even though it’s true that I’m getting fewer rides in on this trip compared to my pre-covid trips, my individual experience really isn’t a very good gauge for others…speedier individuals can “accomplish” far more than I have been able to each day! :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

And I fully acknowledge that I am speaking as someone who has yet to set foot in the park under current conditions. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s definitely different. More so than I was expecting, though I think the spring break crowds have more to do with that than all the “changes” (which I was fully prepared for).

1 Like

:scream: Elephants in the water! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

And to further clarify, the parks don’t actually feel as crowded as they have during some of my other trips during busier times of the year (which I realize is somewhat subjective). But the wait times are definitely longer than I was hoping for, especially compared to what they were earlier this year, and seem to build very quickly in the mornings.

4 Likes

Hello, beautiful.

16 Likes

Your pictures are unbelievable! :heart:

3 Likes

The love you have for it shows beautifully.

3 Likes

Aww, thanks! :blush:

So, I had planned to report on yesterday afternoon and evening when I got back to my resort last night, but after a dip in the pool and a warm shower I was feeling sooooo sleepy and rather unwell. :sleeping: I’m realizing that one unexpected result of wearing masks in the park is that I don’t hydrate nearly as often as usual (a problem compounded by the fact that many QS places are refusing to hand out free water). The dehydration and sleep deprivation were starting to get the better of me!

So I hydrated and SLEPT. For 10 solid hours! :open_mouth: :laughing:

I feel SO much better this morning and am ready to go! :muscle: I’ll get caught up on yesterday’s pics while I’m waiting in line this morning… Running a bit behind the RD crowd today, so I expect to spend most of my day in “creative queues”! :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Really? Like refusing? Or like you can’t access it with out a mobile order (which is a bit of a game of semantics I know, but still hoping for clarification).

Sorry you were feeling unwell. Glad you hydrated and slept well and have awakened in a better state!

No water unless you have a mobile order. At least at some places! :cry:

2 Likes

They did have a bunch of free waters ready to grab at Sunshine Seasons but so far that’s the only place I’ve been able to get one. (Not that I’ve tried everywhere!)

1 Like

Getting free water is an issue. Pick up windows at sleepy hallow will give out water. But I’ve heard more CM remind us to hydrate.

1 Like

Morning update: Tapped in at MK at 8:45 and hit Pooh (4m wait), IASW (16m wait), and Peter Pan (29m wait).

12 Likes