Extra Magic Hour anomaly

When you scan down the calendar, the early morning extra hour for Epcot is consistently on the Tuesday, week after week after week. Except of course for my week, it’s on Monday April 27th. What the heck? Is this a mistake? If I switch around my days, it totally blows apart my ADRs, including my reservation for CRT. What is so special about that one day that Disney would change the routine when it’s so consistent every other week?

No ideas why - I took a look at the TA Calendars for April and May http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_April.pdf http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_May.pdf just to make sure, and they agree with what you are saying. From the looks of it, they swapped the usual Monday and Tuesday schedules for EP and HS just for that week - maybe HS can’t be open late on 4/27 for some reason, like a private party.

1 Like

Aarrrgh. At this point, do you think I can assume it’s going to stick? I understand no one can promise anything, just asking for your best guess. I’d hate to change my dining reservations now based on this, only to have the EMH schedule go back to the way it was…

I’m pretty sure it will stick - I don’t recall seeing changes to EMH days once the initial operating schedule has been published, just changes to the normal operating hours.

1 Like

Thanks… not what I wanted to hear, but better to know what’s up and plan around a solid schedule.

Just to be clear, the base operating hours themselves may very well change. Check out Interpreting Park Hours | TouringPlans.com Blog for a full explanation of the park hour process.

1 Like

I bet there is a private party at HS causing this, what I would do is double book your ADR’s for now, assuming you can even get CRT. I book multiple days, and then cancel them once I know for sure. Like you said, you don’t want to cancel and then have Disney change the calendar. You can have reservations 1 hour apart, and in some cases less than that. I have a 5:15 and a 6:00 at the same place, on the same day. Or you can just keep your parks as scheduled, are you trying to go to Epcot EMH, or avoid it?

Or, just make the additional ADRs using another MDE account - no time restrictions that way.

What? You don’t have 5 MDE accounts? :wink:

Well…maybe. Yes, I have 2 actually but have found just leaving an hour in between is sufficient. We aren’t picky about what time we eat usually.

I was trying to go to Epcot EMH… why, do you recommend avoiding it?

In general, it is conventional wisdom to avoid EMH parks if you are not actually going to take advantage of the extra hours. This is especially true for mEMH.

We love morning EMH at all the parks. Really makes for a great morning, so yes I would recommend going to EMH if you can. If you were offsite and could not participate in EMH, I would say avoid the park that day. With EMH at Epcot, we were able to ride Test Track with no real wait, then headed to Soarin’ and rode it with just a 10 minute wait. It was wonderful! This was during first week of April last year, a pretty busy time.

1 Like