Extra Extra Magic Hours Touring Plans?

@Amy11Russ: Hopefully the overlords are not too far off and Toy Story Land will be fairly lightly loaded during EEMH. My only experience with separate lines was at Disneyland where (again by accident) we were there for the great unveiling of the Guardians ride. What they did for that ride was let you into the front gate early, then had separate lines for that ride versus the rest of the park. So, at least it is something they’ve done in the past. If your trip isn’t too soon after SWGE opens, you will hopefully get the scoop on whatever they do earlier.

@bluejeanbaby14: Ooh, right at the beginning! That’s when EEMH is open to everyone, not just park guests, right? That is a crowd I’d be fearful of!

@beals5 Thanks for this! My trip starts 9/23, so that’s shortly after SWGE opens but not immediately after. I am definitely hoping to gain some insight from those who are there in early September. Unfortunately that won’t be early enough for me to know how to plan fastpasses. Right now I’m planning on making my fastpasses starting a little later in the morning at MK and AK and then still making HS fastpasses for our third day, in case we haven’t had a chance to do SDD and TSMM…

I think it’s just resort guests with the EEMH. Either way, I’m a bit nervous about the crowds, especially as we booked that week before GE was announced as in previous years it had a super low crowd level. But, we booked with free dining, and figure we can plan enough to make the best of it. It’s always hot and crowded in Florida anyway. Might as well be hot and over-peopled at Disney. :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“beals5, post:21, topic:59134”] Ooh, right at the beginning! That’s when EEMH is open to everyone, not just park guests, right? That is a crowd I’d be fearful of!
[/quote]

Yes. For the first three (or is it four) days, the park will open at 6am for everyone. Those aren’t EEMH technically, although the park hours are the same as EEMH are later on.

I honestly think that on those days, there is no point in going to DHS before the evening, unless you can be there at 4am. Even then the lines will be insane.

There early isn’t much Disney can do to stop people lining up the day before. They can try to disperse people, but then they’ll just be milling about along the walking path or sitting in cars just outside the parking lot etc. I would expect to see people loitering for a couple of days at least.

1 Like

@Nicky_S: Agree, not really EEMH if they are for everyone. Think I got that from the WDW announcement. This is definitely some uncharted territory and you are going to be in the middle of it! I wish you much luck–and stamina! :slight_smile: Please do consider reporting back after any necessary recuperation.

will