Extra, Extra Magic Hours - How did you handle them at DHS?

Hi all!

Extra, Extra Magic Hours have begun in Disney Hollywood Studios. I have a bunch of questions about how you have handled the situation.

1. If you wanted to be there for the 6 am opening at what time did you arrive? What time is too late to take advantage of the extra, extra magic hours. I would probably discount the initial days when Galaxy’s Edge first opened because anyone with a ticket could gain access at 6 am. I’m talking about once the park was only open to Disney resort guests.

2. What method of transportation did you use to get there? Are you able to take Disney transportation to get you there as early as you want to be there? Am I better off just ordering a Lyft/Uber to get me there because Disney transportation is unreliable to get me at park opening at 6 am?

3. How did you handle eating/drinking that early in the morning? At what time do the Disney resorts start some kind of food service at the resort’s quick service restaurant? Am I better off having a beverage and snacks in my room before I head out?

I’ll be there in late October and want to be prepared.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I’m two weeks away, so I’m following!
I’m definitely planning on snacks/breakfast in the room before leaving.

I did RD twice this past week. I was staying at Pop and the buses were running at 5am. I arrived on Hollywood Blvd at 550am one day and 540am the other. The crowds were light and there was a noticeable increase between 730-800am. Some of the hotel restaurants are listed as opening at 0415 but Pop wasn’t one. We grabbed a breakfast sandwich the first day at the coffee shop on Hollywood. The second trip, we ate at Woody’s Lunch Box. It opened around 7.

2 Likes

Recommendations from Woody’s lunchbox? I’m definitely wanting to try something from there :slight_smile:

Breakfast options are limited. We all had the breakfast bowl with eggs, tater tots and gravy. It was good to me but I’m not a picky eater.

If you are on instagram @livingbydisney (that’s her handle on instagram) just did a EEMH rope drop today with great info. I would definitely check it out. It’s in her stories.

3 Likes

Following along too. We’ll be doing this Sat. Oct. 5th. We have a coffee maker in the room but we plan to pick up grab & go items from the food court the night before just to have something with us. We are staying at Coronado Springs so I was hoping to see how others did there and check with the front desk if it’s worth it to just grab an Uber.

1 Like

For transportation I am planning on taking Uber/Lyft. Current app estimates is for 30 minutes travel time (assuming a long time for pick up) and $8 (which I will be sharing with friends, so $2 per person, totally worthy it). I would estimate prices for your journey.

Any update if Minnie Vans are available for EEMH? I will probably take the Disney bus, but just in case we don’t feel like waiting, is it worth it to take a Minnie Van?

1 Like

@Amy11Russ Minnie Van start operation at 6:30 am which would mean a Disney bus would be scheduled to leave from your resort earlier. I would expect to be at security for DHS at 7 am if you plan to take a Minnie Van. Judging by responses I am planning on a Lyft since I want to be there for rope drop.

1 Like

Thanks- Looks like I’ll probably be taking the bus :slight_smile: two kids needing car seats and we’ll be up around 5:00 Am anyway.

1 Like

I will probably plan to take a bus, unless there’s a long wait, and then I might pivot to a Lyft. I will have protein shakes available for us for breakfast for all days, just to make that part easy. We can drink them on the bus or waiting to get into the park.

2 Likes

Look at you being all healthy and whatnot Betsy! Protein shake. Hmmmm. I might need to have an order arrive to my resort from Amazon for early morning eats. All of my ideas about eating have been unhealthy choices. Protein shakes sound like a good idea.

1 Like

I’m following this too, thanks for posting! Does anyone know if boats from Beach Club to HS will be operating at 5am like the buses?

We walked from Boardwalk on 9/5. Didn’t end up leaving as early as we planned, but we were on Hollywood Blvd at 6:20. Starbucks was open (can’t remember the actual name of the QS location) so we stopped for coffee, took our time looking around Batuu, and were in line at MF before 7.

@bizzy, we didn’t see any boats running during our walk to HS.

1 Like

Thanks so much for that info!

Was there today. Did the MNSSHP last night so decided to sleep in a bit. Got to HS by 7:30. We walk straight to SWGE. Spent a little time in awe walking around then got on MF by 7:45. We got 3 rides in before 9am. Never waited more than 15 minutes which is pretty awesome for a Saturday. I highly recommend getting there earlier during the EMH to take advantage of the low crowds before the masses arrive at 9.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback.

1 Like

@galuchies_463555 I have been looking at MDE for wait times the past few days and they typically have been 45-60 min between 7am and 9am. Would you say your actual wait times on Saturday were quite a bit lower than that? That would be awesome!

I’ll be there the same time. It’s kinda weird in that TP has predicted 5’s through 8’s for DHS since EEMH started and EVERY day actual crowds for that park were 1’s. I’ve even been checking wait times after EEMH ends and crowds have been low. Yes, I expect they will pick up in October, but we shall see.

I always eat in my room for breakfast. I haven’t seen resort QS restaurants adjust their hours to be any earlier with EEMH. So yea I would do something in room.

I HEARD that buses were leaving in plenty of time to get there for RD, but when in doubt, I would probably UBER/Lyft to be sure.

1 Like