Extra day ideas?

We are debating leaving our beach vaca a day early and arriving at WDW Thrs Sept 3 late in the PM. We have ADR at 1900 Park Fare for Friday evening at 6:30. It is my daughter’s first WDW trip and she loves everything. This is a brief trip for us and I am currently only planning 2 days in MK and 1 day at AOA in between.

I have a couple of thoughts about what to do that Friday before our very busy day in MK on Saturday:

1. do nothing except maybe DTD or a Pirate Adventure Cruise that day, keep it pretty low-key
  2. do AK since it has expected crowd level of 1 and would be very doable (plus we love animals and LK was my favorite show years ago-- I haven’t been in about 10 years)
  3. do DHS until ADR, and maybe go back for Frozen fireworks (DD loves frozen). Would the travel time even allow this to be enjoyable?

What do you all think?

Option 2! No rushing around, making the most of your free day. Don’t miss Wilderness Explorers.

1 Like

Having only boys who are actively planning to avoid Elsa and Anna, the Frozen sing along and fireworks at HS sound like a little girl heaven, especially if you are planning a meet and greet at MK!

I would also go for option two! I think that AK is such a well-done park, and since you are animal lovers, you can’t go wrong. Also, a crowd level of 1, you will get to see pretty much everything.

Oh, and you could still go to DHS after dinner for the fireworks if you have time. you don’t even need to go into the park to have a great view of them, imo.

1 Like

Where is a good place outside the park to watch?

I’d do Typhoon Lagoon.

You can see them right from the gate. Some may be obstructed, but if you don’t have the park hopper tickets, this works. I also recall that we could see what I believe were the DHS fireworks right from Pop, so I would imagine that AoA has similar views. I am just not sure exactly where at the resort they are visible.