Extended tickets - what to do

Last September I had planned on taking my mom, my dad, my sister and I to the world to celebrate my mom’s 65th birthday. Due to Covid, we cancelled. Those tickets expire this September. We used up my sister’s ticket on my husband when we went in May. We have tickets still for my mom and my dad. I am considered using my dad’s ticket for myself and rescheduling this trip in September for just my mom and I.

1st question. They say non-transferable on MDE. Would they transfer them to me if I call?

2nd question. If we choose not to go, has anyone had any luck getting these tickets extended further? Or cancelled and refunded all together?

If the ticket has never been used you can reassign them to another person in MDE. Disney will not transfer them to another person for you, but if they’ve never been used help explain how to reassign them? I’m not sure about refunding, you’d have to chat/call to find out. They will allow you to use any unused ticket portion to another ticket purchase for the same person. For example, my DH had 1 day remaining of a 4 day ticket, they calculated the amount and applied it toward a new ticket for him.

1 Like

I have been able to “extend” my ticket. We booked a November/December trip and the cost of our tickets expiring in September were applied to our Nov/Dec trip. I ended up breaking even.

1 Like

I think I’m going to have to call and figure out what happened. I had forgotten that my dad had a 5 day ticket from September before buying him a 10 day ticket for our May trip. We were in the parks 10 days during May so he should still have a 5 park ticket that is unused but nothing is showing up on MDE.

1 Like

Do you still have the ticket? or a number that they can look up? Good luck!!!

Thanks!! I’m sure I have both ticket confirmations somewhere!

1 Like