Extended family WDW trip planning

Our kids would swim in the North Pole so we may not be a great example :slight_smile: However, we’ve toured in October, November, January and December and have swam every time. The water is warm, the lifeguards at Disney are fantastic and the pools are super fun.

Also on the topic of character dining … my DD2 trying to get as far away from Donald as possible. She definitely preferred the M&Gs.
Character%20Dining

This is soooo disappointing :worried:. Guess I at least have one less thing on my priority list for our next trip! I’d rather just do Mickey at one of the million other locations in other parks - the talking aspect was what made that M&G unique and a must do for us each trip.

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

You can see Aurora in EP in France. If you are really into the characters you might want to look at Kenny the Pirate’s site. I love to go to the M&G even if go to the meals too!
If she likes Arial - she is in fins only at MK.
I like the meals, but I do like the M&Gs even for characters I have seen at a character meal.
Another thing is that some characters are in different costumes at different meets - so if any of that is important to you, you might want to look into that.
I also had a great M&G with Aladdin & Jasmine at MK.

1 Like

I think I’m going to want the same thing, pictures without people’s food :slight_smile:
No Christmas party, as awesome as it sounds, I just don’t think we’ll make it that long into the night! Keeping it on my list of things to do next trip :wink:

Going to have to find some time somewhere for a swim break!! :smiley:

Thanks for all the input so far! It’s helping ease a little of my stress :blush:

I thought of another question, and this might be one of those things that depends on the kid… I saw that we can request a crib or pack n play, or bed rails. Do we have a choice, or does it depends on the room? I’m wondering, if we do get a choice, if one is better than the other? My son will be almost 1 1/2, but he’s a big boy…also I’m not sure how he’ll do sleeping in a crib when mommy and daddy are right there. But I don’t know if he’s old enough to sleep in the bed with the rails. I’m thinking this might just be a trial and error thing.

Last time we were there, I had requested a crib, they said they only had pack and plays. The guy brought that to the room. While we were at the desk for something else, they saw the crib request we had made and said they did have cribs, so brought that up. We also requested three bed rails on our initial room request. We ended up having all of that, lol! The crib ended up useless for us, but he doesn’t sleep in a crib at home, so it was also completely foreign for him to be confined. I ended up turning the Pack and Play upside down, wedged in between the bed and the wall, and three bedrails on the bed, with pillows in the “holes.” What can I say, I was paranoid! My son was 15 months at the time. This time, I’m requesting a pack and play and the three bed rails again (he’ll be a month past 2). My son rolls around like crazy, so I’m a bit paranoid.

1 Like

Thank you!! I’m just as paranoid, and what you did sounds ingenious to me! I think we might end up with my daughter sharing a bed with me and my son and husband in the other bed. Thanks :slight_smile:

I have found that the easiest when staying at different hotels and having different interests is to meet for mealtimes or FPP. So, for example, when the first meal of the day is lunch, everyone does what they want in the morning (like meeting princesses or sleeping in) and then meet for lunch, have food together, maybe ride a share FPP together (ride where everyone can ride together) and then dinner together.

Too much time together often makes us want to never do it again!

1 Like

I think this big-extended-family thing is going to be a one-time deal for me! At least, I hope (is that awful to say?) :open_mouth:

It’s not that bad, but it is SUPER important to set boundaries and limits. My BIL was done at Disneyland one day. My sister told him: you are more than welcome to leave, but you are taking a cab (my Bf and myself had driven all of us there). He ended up going to take a break with his phone somewhere else while we rode something. We went to Disney World all four of us; I told them my plans and they were welcome to come with us, but I would understand if it were too much. They slept in a couple of mornings and finished earlier another night; we shared meals and FPP. It was great and we are gonna go again!

1 Like

I concur with above posts, especially that 3 ADR’s per day is too much for most people