Explain DVC Waitlist?

Assuming the owner has put your email address on the reservation, any changes will be emailed to you. So you should get the email, not the owner.

And no, the owner doesn’t have to do anything to “activate” the waitlist. However, if it’s replacing a night elsewhere and adding on to an existing stay, they might need to call / chat to get them merged into one reservation. Now if it’s the same room type, view etc that might happen without intervention, it does happen. But whether it happens every time I don’t know.

3 Likes

So I’m both renting points for half of my trip and using my own points for the other half. The Boulder Ridge stay was my own points and I waitlisted our last night as part of my original booking and the waitlist came through the next day so I just kind of thought it was a delayed confirmation email then I looked twice at the dates. It felt too easy!

My husband’s email is the one on our rental and he got that email but just didn’t pay attention to it so I didn’t know that our waitlist came through until I was in my MDE to change a dining reservation and saw Beach Club listed!

5 Likes

So thrilled for you! It’s going to be a magical trip!

2 Likes

So, I just have to resurrect this thread to “sqeee” that my Beach Club waitlist came through today.

With everything that’s been going on at WDW, I’ve been pretty un-excited about our March trip, but this just might kick-start my excitement (and hope that things will be better there by March)

5 Likes

Congrats on your waitlist coming through!

I had been logging in multiple times a day for a one night waitlist I had set up in June (second contract and I have 19 points I need to use with that contract) and last night it came through! I know I will try to move that one night at 7 months but I am so happy I have a CC studio for that night even if nothing else comes through!

2 Likes

In the last couple of months I’ve had waitlists come through for BCV and BWV (Boardwalk view) for renters.

The first (BCV) was just an extra night but the BWV one was for a four night stay. That one was a surprise, I wasn’t sure if the Boardwalk view would open up.

1 Like

Yeah, this one was 4 nights, too. That’s why I’m so excited about it! I didn’t really expect it to open. Beach Club seems to be booked so quickly all the time.

1 Like

Beach Club Villas is very small, which is why it’s usually so hard to book outside the home resort priority period.

Very exciting for you, congratulations!

1 Like

Ok here’s a question. If I already have a reservation at BWV with a Boardwalk view can I modify it to waitlist for a standard view and still keep the original? Or do you need to book another trip?

You can set up a waitlist to replace that but make sure you identify the points you will use.

Well that was easy, thanks for that.

2 Likes