Experiences with walk up list?

Hello,

I’m wondering whether I’ll get the Garden Grill or 50’s prime time ADRs with the reservation finder, but I’m curious what everyone’s experience with the walk up wait list has been? Can you walk around while you’re waiting? Is it better to do earlier or later?

With the crowds being less and less attractions I could definitely imagine putting 60 minutes or so aside to wait in line for one of those experiences.

Thanks!

1 Like

I am also considering waiting for a walk up for The Plaza.

1 Like

BOG here.

1 Like

We’ve had no luck with walk up lists so far. They’ve only had availability for a party of 6 or more, and I was told that they will not seat you if you show up with fewer people.

I did, however, manage to get a last minute dinner ADR for 2 yesterday at 50s Prime Time.

4 Likes

Can you be anywhere in the park to join or do you need to be within proximity (and stay close?) for the walk-up list?

Also, can you join a list at any point in the morning or only when it opens?

1 Like

Boooooo on them! :frowning:

1 Like

They’ll have an estimated time, and that’s when you’ll be called… it’s like putting your name down at a regular restaurant, so if it says 45 minutes and you join then they could call you in 45 minutes.

1 Like

Mouse dining just got me a BOG ADR for first full week in June if anyone is looking!

2 Likes

OK… reviving this b/c I have been unable to get ADRs but saw the walk up option for Bn’C. Anyone w/ success stories? How close do you need to be? I’m not there yet and won’t be until mid July.

Apparently being at the Boardwalk Inn is too far away as well.

1 Like

Thx for checking!!!

1 Like

No problem. I was curious too.

1 Like

Here’s a report for A&C so I’d think that would be similar?

“I tested this twice and was able to join the list at Ale & Compass restaurant at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort when I was 0.3 miles away on foot”

People seem to be giving very different answers for different restaurants, so I wonder if it’s distance from property boundary, not the restaurant itself?

Ex. We know BG’s have been based on being at HS at times, so maybe HS restaurants are related to the HS park boundary, not actual distance from restaurant.

I could not get on GP waitlist from MK, but I could have from WL dock, IIRC.

1 Like

No, BG have been based on having tapped in to HS, not on where you physically are at the time (for pre-Covid, and now for the 1pm drop).

Oh, I thought for the 1pm drop you needed to be? Ok, maybe not then….

1 Like

That’s a good question b/c if I could have been somewhere in AC instead of standing on HS main street at 1:00 I would have done that instead :wink:

No, you just have to have tapped in to HS prior to 1:00.

2 Likes

Very helpful intel. I think I knew that once upon a time, but the rules keep changing :wink:

1 Like

We walked up to Beaches and Cream last night for dinner and got in within 30 minutes. Maybe we were just lucky but it was 5:15 and still worked out.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and for sharing your experience. It is encouraging!

1 Like